MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Your House Will Pay, plus links to write your own review.

Your House Will Pay

Oct 2019, 320 pages

Jamie Chornoby

There is 1 reader review for Your House Will Pay

Surprising find, great take on 90s race relations
Thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins for the ARC of this novel. I enjoyed this a lot. It paints a nuanced picture of the aftermath of a racially based set of tragedies, modeled on the killing of a black teenage girl by a Korean business owner in the early 90s. I remember the coverage of that crime, and much of this book brought back vivid and visceral memories for me. I recommend this book.

Chopin's Farewell Waltz

• Book Jacket: Between Two Fires
    Between Two Fires
    by Joshua Yaffa
    It was thought by many that the fall of the Soviet Union would transform Russia from a totalitarian ...
  • Book Jacket: This Is Happiness
    This Is Happiness
    by Niall Williams
    Niall Williams's This Is Happiness offers an extraordinary portrait of a particular moment in the ...
  • Book Jacket: In the Dream House
    In the Dream House
    by Carmen Maria Machado
    In the introduction to In the Dream House, Carmen Maria Machado (a National Book Award finalist for ...
  • Book Jacket: Father of Lions
    Father of Lions
    by Louise Callaghan
    Our readers have given high marks to Father of Lions by Louise Callaghan. Out of 21 reviewers, 18 ...

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Evening in Paradise
by Lucia Berlin

"Berlin's new book is a marvel, filled with deeply touching stories about lives on the fringes."—NPR

Win The Adventurer's Son

Publishing Soon!
The Adventurer's Son

"A brave and marvelous book. A page-turner that will rip your heart out."
--Jon Krakauer