Reader reviews and comments on Your House Will Pay, plus links to write your own review.

Your House Will Pay

Oct 2019, 320 pages

Jamie Chornoby

There is 1 reader review for Your House Will Pay

Surprising find, great take on 90s race relations
Thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins for the ARC of this novel. I enjoyed this a lot. It paints a nuanced picture of the aftermath of a racially based set of tragedies, modeled on the killing of a black teenage girl by a Korean business owner in the early 90s. I remember the coverage of that crime, and much of this book brought back vivid and visceral memories for me. I recommend this book.

Chopin's Farewell Waltz

• Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...

Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree & Katie McCabe

An inspiring life story that speaks urgently to our troubled times.

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D