Reader reviews and comments on Yale Needs Women, plus links to write your own review.

Yale Needs Women

Sep 2019, 400 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Yale Needs Women

Eleanor Mangum

Hard to finish
Even though I enjoyed all of the information provided in this book, I found it difficult to continue reading I attended a historically male state supported universita that had allowed women to attend as freshmen only 5 years before I began. Luckily I did not encounter any of the sexism that was so prevalent at Yale.

• Book Jacket: The Body
    The Body
    by Bill Bryson
    Many of Bill Bryson's fans first became familiar with his work through his autobiographical travel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Price We Pay
    The Price We Pay
    by Marty Makary
    The Hippocratic Oath is one of the oldest affidavits in history, originating in ancient Greece. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Fountains of Silence
    The Fountains of Silence
    by Ruta Sepetys
    The Spanish Civil War and its aftermath was a complicated period in history. The issues each side ...
  • Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D