Reader reviews and comments on No Safe Place, plus links to write your own review.

No Safe Place

by Richard North Patterson

No Safe Place by Richard North Patterson

Aug 1998, 497 pages
    Aug 1999, 513 pages

There is 1 reader review for No Safe Place

Jennifer (09/17/07)

Fictional Kennedy
This book is about a man who resembles a fictional JFK-type man, acknowledging the similarities in the text. I don't always like political novels, but this book really pulled me in. The main character, Kerry Kilcannon, is idealistic enough to remind me of "The West Wing", and real enough not to be sappy and annoying. He has secrets, a difficult past, and more honest conviction than the average politician.

The story is quick and easy-to-read, the characters are diverse and interesting, but easy to keep track of. The author digs into each main character's life a bit, so we can understand why they act in the ways they do.

There is a bit of a surprise at the end, which really pulls together events in Kerry's life, and things end pretty much as you would expect them to. My rating of average doesn't mean that I am not going to read the rest of the books about this fictional politician, because I am! Only that this is not the highest quality literature I have read.

I have heard radio shows talk about good, easy, "summer" books and I would rate this as one of those, and recommend it to anybody.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.

O My D B