Reader reviews and comments on No Safe Place, plus links to write your own review.

No Safe Place

Aug 1999, 513 pages

There is 1 reader review for No Safe Place

Jennifer

Fictional Kennedy
This book is about a man who resembles a fictional JFK-type man, acknowledging the similarities in the text. I don't always like political novels, but this book really pulled me in. The main character, Kerry Kilcannon, is idealistic enough to remind me of "The West Wing", and real enough not to be sappy and annoying. He has secrets, a difficult past, and more honest conviction than the average politician.

The story is quick and easy-to-read, the characters are diverse and interesting, but easy to keep track of. The author digs into each main character's life a bit, so we can understand why they act in the ways they do.

There is a bit of a surprise at the end, which really pulls together events in Kerry's life, and things end pretty much as you would expect them to. My rating of average doesn't mean that I am not going to read the rest of the books about this fictional politician, because I am! Only that this is not the highest quality literature I have read.

I have heard radio shows talk about good, easy, "summer" books and I would rate this as one of those, and recommend it to anybody.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta