What readers think of No Safe Place, plus links to write your own review.

No Safe Place

Aug 1999, 513 pages

There is 1 reader review for No Safe Place

Jennifer

Fictional Kennedy
This book is about a man who resembles a fictional JFK-type man, acknowledging the similarities in the text. I don't always like political novels, but this book really pulled me in. The main character, Kerry Kilcannon, is idealistic enough to remind me of "The West Wing", and real enough not to be sappy and annoying. He has secrets, a difficult past, and more honest conviction than the average politician.

The story is quick and easy-to-read, the characters are diverse and interesting, but easy to keep track of. The author digs into each main character's life a bit, so we can understand why they act in the ways they do.

There is a bit of a surprise at the end, which really pulls together events in Kerry's life, and things end pretty much as you would expect them to. My rating of average doesn't mean that I am not going to read the rest of the books about this fictional politician, because I am! Only that this is not the highest quality literature I have read.

I have heard radio shows talk about good, easy, "summer" books and I would rate this as one of those, and recommend it to anybody.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia