Reader reviews and comments on Becoming, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Discuss |  Reviews |  Readalikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Becoming

Nov 2018, 400 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Becoming

Pam Aylmer

Motherhood in a storm
She is candid and talks about her struggles to protect her girls from papparazi, and surprisingly, to buffer them from the intrusive Secret Service. I'd never considered how it would feel to have SS men shadowing me everywhere--she was inventive and designed a few 'work-arounds'.

She manages to get them out of their black suits, shoes and ties to change into shorts, tees and tennies, and to swap out their black earpieces for white headsets, so the girls and their friends would feel more comfortable. I deeply admire her healthy agenda for children and believe that she's had a tremendous impact on our culture and awareness. I only wish that she liked politics more--perhaps she can use her significant influence in other constructive ways.
Sheila Anthony

Tells it like it is
Having been there myself, I recommend this marvelous book to any spouse of a political or government worker, and to anyone who wants to know what it’s like. The wind blows coldest at the top of the mountain, and Mrs. Obama tells it like it is. I enjoyed her honesty, wit, family love, intelligence, and observations. I am giving this book to all 5 of my granddaughters.

• Book Jacket: Savage Feast
    Savage Feast
    by Boris Fishman
    I adore authors who not only write about the big themes that possess them, but also drop little ...
  • Book Jacket: Lost Children Archive
    Lost Children Archive
    by Valeria Luiselli
    Lost Children Archive is a feast of language and storytelling that chronicles a family road trip ...
  • Book Jacket: The World According to Fannie Davis
    The World According to Fannie Davis
    by Bridgett M. Davis
    Devoted daughter Bridgett M. Davis was always inspired by her mother Fannie, who provided stability,...
  • Book Jacket: Territory of Light
    Territory of Light
    by Yuko Tsushima
    Set in Tokyo during the late 1970s, Yūko Tsushima's Territory of Light chronicles a year in the...

Book Club
The Half-Life of Everything
by Deborah Carol Gang

A beautifully written and uplifting debut novel.

The Night Tiger
    by Yangsze Choo

"Wonderfully combines a Holmes-esque plot with Chinese lore."
    --PW, starred review

The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls
    by Anissa Gray

A dazzling debut novel!

Win The Climate Report

The Climate Report

"The most comprehensive assessment of the effects of climate change on the United States."
–The New York Times