Reader reviews and comments on While I Was Gone, plus links to write your own review.

While I Was Gone

by Sue Miller

While I Was Gone by Sue Miller X
While I Was Gone by Sue Miller

Feb 1999, 265 pages
    Feb 2000, 265 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for While I Was Gone

When I was gone, Sue Miller
Is a book that readers can connect to in some way. like Jo, everyone has things they ran away from, and kept hidden till something re-triggers the cryptic secret. Jo is so skeptical about what she is doing. It makes it hard for the reader to visualize what happens next. I love the suspense that I get from the story.

While I Was Gone
A rating of (5) doesn't do this book justice. I was unable to put this book down, and now that I've finished, I keep going back and reading and re-reading parts again and again. Her characters come alive as you keep reading. I'm waiting for the sequel!

Very good and exciting! I really enjoyed this book! It took me places in my mind I never thought I could go!!
Shelly Collins

The messages about truth and deciet, death and living are so vivid and enlightening. I gained a whole new perspective on how to deal with the trials and tribulations that are common to us all. Miller really hit home.

While I Was Gone by Sue Miller
While I Was Gone is an awesome book. I feel everyone in some way or the other can relate to this book.

The plot revolves around the main character Joey better known as Jo Becker who's friends was murdered. The characteristics of Jo are realistic. From my viewpoint Jo is portrayed as a considerate wife and mother...she's very loving and she loves animals too.

As a thirteen year old I thought this book "While I Was Gone" by Sue Miller has a realistic plot which can be believable. I recommend this book to everyone as I personally thought it was amazing.

I thought While You Were gone was a wondeful novel! Im 14 so the feelings of beeing trapped and alone wihen your not relate to me but in a diffrent way. As a teen its not marrige i wouyld liek to run away from, its family/school. Anyways, this book was very enjoyable and i would recomend it to anyone.

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

by Alice Feeney

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!