Reader reviews and comments on Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen, plus links to write your own review.

Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen

Valerie Morales

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen

Veronica Earley

Trailblazing Woman
I started this book and could not put it down. The writing is so amazing and the descriptions keep you completely absorbed in the story. You actually feel that the writer is Cathy Williams and that you right there with her. Amazing story. Anyone interested in historical fiction or famous women I highly recommend this book.
M Jones

Missed Oportunity
I would not have finished this book except I am in a book club and I wanted to be able to discuss it with the group. I did not feel it was adequately researched for a historical fiction book. The author made Cathy out to be a weak woman by having her always fawning after a man. I bet the real Cathy wanted nothing of the sort in the Infantry. The author makes Cathy out to be the best marksman in the unit, even gets a medal for it, but never describes a situation where Cathy kills anyone to deserve that medal. That is because it would be politically incorrect because the Buffalo Soldiers were killing native American Indians and 4 million bison (to starve the Indians). She gave Cathy a modern day attitude that didn't fit the 1800's story. It could be a good middle school book, but it has an unnecessary female gay sex scene that comes out of no where, and talk of soldiers masturbating etc. I hope another author picks up this story and does Cathy justice, writing a more factual, true to the day narrative.

• Book Jacket: We Set the Dark on Fire
    We Set the Dark on Fire
    by Tehlor Mejia
    On the island of Medio, a wall separates the wealthy elite from those less fortunate who lack the ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...

My Lovely Wife
    by Samantha Downing

Dexter meets Mr. and Mrs. Smith in this wildly compulsive debut thriller.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!