MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Cities of The Plain, plus links to write your own review.

Cities of The Plain

Jul 1999, 292 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Cities of The Plain

Suzanne G.

#3
Here is the third in the Border Trilogy, but the second is not available to review. The Crossing (#2) is rated 4 by me.
The book is as melancholy as the other two. Emotional and violent, Cities of the Plain was one I couldn’t put down. But there is one thing I may have missed in the book—why did the cover have a burning field?
Evelyn Juarez

It's a really good book. Really interesting to read and to do a project on it. A right book for historical events.
sarah

Cormac McCarthy is an amazing writer. I loved every moment of the boder trilogy. With the exception of the violence in the novels. John Grady Cole and Billy are the most real characters I have ever come across in writing.

• Book Jacket: The Lightness of Hands
    The Lightness of Hands
    by Jeff Garvin
    The stillness that comes right after reading a book that has wrapped itself firmly around your heart...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Half
    The Vanishing Half
    by Brit Bennett
    Brit Bennett's second novel, The Vanishing Half (after The Mothers, her 2016 bestselling debut), ...
    Tropic of Violence
    by Nathacha Appanah
    Marie is a nurse working in Mayotte, a cluster of French territory islands in the Indian Ocean. When...
  • Book Jacket: Death in Mud Lick
    Death in Mud Lick
    by Eric Eyre
    When Eric Eyre, investigative and statehouse reporter for the Charleston Gazette-Daily, began ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

M's T W!