Announcing Our Best Books of 2021

What readers think of There There, plus links to write your own review.

There There

Meara Conner

There are currently 3 reader reviews for There There

Jonathan Freedman

Question
I recommend the book highly on many dimensions. Tommy Orange is a powerful Native American novelist in modernist literary tradition. He captures the inner voices of his characters.

I have one question: Who is Manny and what role did he play in the chain of events leading to Octavio becoming a drug dealer and plant the robbery that triggered the shootings?
Jenna

Haunting
Heartbreaking and so important to witness the threads of history.
Jennifer Shaw

Love & Hate
This book is real and gritty and brings to light the issues facing modern day Native Americans. I loved the short story format. The writing was straightforward and the author did a good job carrying the theme through all the different characters.

Th author purposely leaves a lot of story lines unresolved. I anticipate that this book will spark a great discussion at your book club meetings.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Mother
    The Book of Mother
    by Violaine Huisman
    Fictionalizing the life of author Violaine Huisman's own mother, this debut novel is split into ...
    People from My Neighborhood
    by Hiromi Kawakami
    People from My Neighborhood is exactly what it sounds like — an unnamed narrator recounts a ...
    Win Me Something
    by Kyle Lucia Wu
    Kyle Lucia Wu's Win Me Something opens with a young woman named Willa explaining that she did not ...

Beasts of a Little Land
    by Juhea Kim

An epic story of love, war, and redemption set against the backdrop of the Korean independence movement.

Win This Book!
Win Taste Makers

Taste Makers
by Mayukh Sen

America's modern culinary history told through the lives of seven pathbreaking chefs and food writers.

The Big Holiday Wordplay