MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Nowhere Girls, plus links to write your own review.

The Nowhere Girls

Cynthia C. Scott

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Nowhere Girls

Esther

inspiranting book
This book is so good, I love it, I even used it for my final high school exam, it's giving me hope for the future.
Ella

So amazing!
Originally, I was apprehensive to read this as it was for school. I had selected it as the least appalling choice on the summer reading list going into ninth grade. Boy, am I glad I did. This not only became one of my favorite books, but one of my best friend's as well, for she had chosen this book to read over the summer, too. We discussed it a lot, would text back and forth about the events occurring in the story, as one would for a TV show. It was a purely addictive book and made the school work about it that followed much more bearable. The characters are all likable (aside from the ones whom you are not supposed to like), the plot is engaging, the writing style is brilliant, and the format of the book itself makes it all that more enjoyable. I strongly recommend this book for women and men of all ages (well, rather for women and men ages 13+ as this is a difficult novel that deals with difficult things).

Real-Life Nowhere Girls

Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Pronounce Knife
    How to Pronounce Knife
    by Souvankham Thammavongsa
    Many examples of immigrant fiction dedicate a portion of their storytelling to exploring details of ...

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water