Reader reviews and comments on The Nowhere Girls, plus links to write your own review.

The Nowhere Girls

Cynthia C. Scott

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Nowhere Girls

Esther

inspiranting book
This book is so good, I love it, I even used it for my final high school exam, it's giving me hope for the future.
Ella

So amazing!
Originally, I was apprehensive to read this as it was for school. I had selected it as the least appalling choice on the summer reading list going into ninth grade. Boy, am I glad I did. This not only became one of my favorite books, but one of my best friend's as well, for she had chosen this book to read over the summer, too. We discussed it a lot, would text back and forth about the events occurring in the story, as one would for a TV show. It was a purely addictive book and made the school work about it that followed much more bearable. The characters are all likable (aside from the ones whom you are not supposed to like), the plot is engaging, the writing style is brilliant, and the format of the book itself makes it all that more enjoyable. I strongly recommend this book for women and men of all ages (well, rather for women and men ages 13+ as this is a difficult novel that deals with difficult things).

Real-Life Nowhere Girls

• Book Jacket: Everything Inside
    Everything Inside
    by Edwidge Danticat
    Edwidge Danticat is a Haitian-American writer, and Haiti looms large as a presence in this ...
  • Book Jacket: The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
  • Book Jacket: Marilou Is Everywhere
    Marilou Is Everywhere
    by Sarah Elaine Smith
    "The point is that at that moment in my life," writes the narrator of Sarah Elaine Smith's debut ...
  • Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

A tale of courage in the face of arrogance that remains eerily relevant on U.S. campuses today.

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Book Club
Today We Go Home
by Kelli Estes

Illuminating and deeply human, Today We Go Home shines a light on the brave military women of the past and present.

Win Chase Darkness with Me

How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder? Gather the clues the police overlooked? Put together the pieces? Identify the suspect?

S S A C A Big S