Reader reviews and comments on The Nowhere Girls, plus links to write your own review.

The Nowhere Girls

Cynthia C. Scott

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Nowhere Girls

Esther

inspiranting book
This book is so good, I love it, I even used it for my final high school exam, it's giving me hope for the future.
Ella

So amazing!
Originally, I was apprehensive to read this as it was for school. I had selected it as the least appalling choice on the summer reading list going into ninth grade. Boy, am I glad I did. This not only became one of my favorite books, but one of my best friend's as well, for she had chosen this book to read over the summer, too. We discussed it a lot, would text back and forth about the events occurring in the story, as one would for a TV show. It was a purely addictive book and made the school work about it that followed much more bearable. The characters are all likable (aside from the ones whom you are not supposed to like), the plot is engaging, the writing style is brilliant, and the format of the book itself makes it all that more enjoyable. I strongly recommend this book for women and men of all ages (well, rather for women and men ages 13+ as this is a difficult novel that deals with difficult things).

Real-Life Nowhere Girls

• Book Jacket: The World That We Knew
    The World That We Knew
    by Alice Hoffman
    Alice Hoffman's sparkling prose and immersive descriptions of place summon readers into World War II...
  • Book Jacket: Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    by Olga Tokarczuk
    A subversive feminist noir mystery set in a remote Polish village, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of...
  • Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S