Reader reviews and comments on Good Me Bad Me, plus links to write your own review.

by Ali Land

Erin Szczechowski

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Good Me Bad Me

Laura Wilson

Good Me Bad Me
I really enjoyed Good Me Bad Me. It went at an easy pace...I liked the story a lot.
Elaine

Good Me Bad Me
I was very lucky to receive this book. I started reading one evening and because I had to sleep I did not finish that night but the next evening. Annie a 15 year old's mom is a serial killer. Growing up with this terrible life she becomes immune until her mother takes a small child that Annie know and cares for. Thus begins the story as it unfolds I found it to be a book that I was immersed in. I do not want to give any of this book away because it and every one must read for themselves without out my opinion. Just read it and you will not be sorry it is fast reading and the sympathy for each of the characters is amazing.
Betty Taylor

Our Inner Demons
Be prepared – the last half of this book will keep you reading all night.

I think there are times that we all struggle with our inner demons. This is only natural. There’s the part of us that wants to please everyone, and there’s the part that wants to rebel against parents and society.

But for Annie/Milly it is a bit more than that. Since the age of five Annie has been abused in her home. She has witnessed horrific acts done by her mother. Finally at the age of 15 she turns her mother in to the police. Upon investigation it is revealed that her mother has killed nine children. Now Annie is known as Milly and lives in a foster home. The home consists of Mike who is a therapist experienced in trauma cases, his wife Saskia, and teenage daughter Phoebe who is not at all happy with Milly being there.

Milly tries to please her foster family even though Phoebe makes her life hell, especially at school. But Milly is haunted by the voice of her mother. As is typical in child abuse cases, no matter how severe the abuse the child still wants to be loved by its parent. So Milly struggles with the knowledge that she will be the primary witness in court against her mother. She also knows just how manipulative her mother is.

I could see what direction the book was going it, but Ms. Land artfully doled out pieces of the chilling puzzle a few pieces at a time, building the suspense notch by notch. I definitely recommend this book to those who love a good thriller.
lani

A Taut Suspenseful Read
Could. Not. Put. This. Down...I started in the morning, read through lunch, read through supper and did not go to bed before it was complete. The writing was taut, suspenseful, and unrelenting. My stomach was in knots throughout and it took a while for the kinks to unwind. A young teenager, Mollie, has turned in evidence against her disturbed mother who has captured 9 children, kept them in her "playhouse" and subsequently killed each one. As her mother was a nurse, with a cunning ability to manipulate people, she was never suspected until Mollie cracked and went to the police. Mollie goes to live with a foster family with a therapist who is trying to help her with her upcoming trial but his own family has its issues; a fragile wife who can't control her daughter who is determined to make Mollie's life hell. As the novel progresses, the tension ratchets even higher until the ending's explosion. RUN. TO. GET. THIS. ONE

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: We Are Not Free
    We Are Not Free
    by Traci Chee
    Author Traci Chee is best known for her young adult fantasy trilogy, The Reader series. We Are Not ...
  • Book Jacket: The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    The Standardization of Demoralization Procedures
    by Jennifer Hofmann
    The title of Jennifer Hofmann's perceptive debut novel with its bureaucratese strongly suggests a ...
  • Book Jacket: His Only Wife
    His Only Wife
    by Peace Adzo Medie
    21-year-old Afi is a talented Ghanaian seamstress eager to study fashion design, but her life is ...
  • Book Jacket: We Have Been Harmonized
    We Have Been Harmonized
    by Kai Strittmatter
    You'd be forgiven if, while reading We Have Been Harmonized, you momentarily mistook it for a ...

Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke

A new novel from the NY Times bestselling author of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Find Me
by André Aciman

The author of the worldwide bestseller Call Me by Your Name revisits its complex and beguiling characters.

Win Memorial Drive

Memorial Drive
by Natasha Trethewey

The moving, intimate story of a poet coming into her own in the wake of tragedy.

L N Take I C