Reader reviews and comments on Good Me Bad Me, plus links to write your own review.

by Ali Land

Erin Szczechowski

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Good Me Bad Me

Laura Wilson

Good Me Bad Me
I really enjoyed Good Me Bad Me. It went at an easy pace...I liked the story a lot.
Elaine

Good Me Bad Me
I was very lucky to receive this book. I started reading one evening and because I had to sleep I did not finish that night but the next evening. Annie a 15 year old's mom is a serial killer. Growing up with this terrible life she becomes immune until her mother takes a small child that Annie know and cares for. Thus begins the story as it unfolds I found it to be a book that I was immersed in. I do not want to give any of this book away because it and every one must read for themselves without out my opinion. Just read it and you will not be sorry it is fast reading and the sympathy for each of the characters is amazing.
Betty Taylor

Our Inner Demons
Be prepared – the last half of this book will keep you reading all night.

I think there are times that we all struggle with our inner demons. This is only natural. There’s the part of us that wants to please everyone, and there’s the part that wants to rebel against parents and society.

But for Annie/Milly it is a bit more than that. Since the age of five Annie has been abused in her home. She has witnessed horrific acts done by her mother. Finally at the age of 15 she turns her mother in to the police. Upon investigation it is revealed that her mother has killed nine children. Now Annie is known as Milly and lives in a foster home. The home consists of Mike who is a therapist experienced in trauma cases, his wife Saskia, and teenage daughter Phoebe who is not at all happy with Milly being there.

Milly tries to please her foster family even though Phoebe makes her life hell, especially at school. But Milly is haunted by the voice of her mother. As is typical in child abuse cases, no matter how severe the abuse the child still wants to be loved by its parent. So Milly struggles with the knowledge that she will be the primary witness in court against her mother. She also knows just how manipulative her mother is.

I could see what direction the book was going it, but Ms. Land artfully doled out pieces of the chilling puzzle a few pieces at a time, building the suspense notch by notch. I definitely recommend this book to those who love a good thriller.
lani

A Taut Suspenseful Read
Could. Not. Put. This. Down...I started in the morning, read through lunch, read through supper and did not go to bed before it was complete. The writing was taut, suspenseful, and unrelenting. My stomach was in knots throughout and it took a while for the kinks to unwind. A young teenager, Mollie, has turned in evidence against her disturbed mother who has captured 9 children, kept them in her "playhouse" and subsequently killed each one. As her mother was a nurse, with a cunning ability to manipulate people, she was never suspected until Mollie cracked and went to the police. Mollie goes to live with a foster family with a therapist who is trying to help her with her upcoming trial but his own family has its issues; a fragile wife who can't control her daughter who is determined to make Mollie's life hell. As the novel progresses, the tension ratchets even higher until the ending's explosion. RUN. TO. GET. THIS. ONE

• Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!