What readers think of Bag of Bones, plus links to write your own review.

Bag of Bones

by Stephen King

Bag of Bones by Stephen King X
Bag of Bones by Stephen King

Sep 1998, 529 pages
    May 1999, 732 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Bag of Bones

As the master of the ghost story has done before, Stephen King's Bag of Bones gives the reader incredible suspense, bone-chilling jolts, and a cast of unforgettable characters and palpable setting. What makes Bag of Bones different, however, is the heart-retching story of a man's struggle with grief, longing, and his own ghosts amid a world saturated with the ghosts of the past. Anyone looking for a mystery, a ghost story, but most of all anyone looking for a beautiful, enduring love story, this one is for you.
Chanel

this book was and excellent and one of the best books i evern read. I love it becuase it keeps me awake and keep me turnin the page as well!
mary

Bag of Bones
I did not like this book at all. Most of the story plot dragged and at times it was painful to read. I did muster myself to finish it and the big shabang was mediocre at best. This book is not the best by Mr. King and overall it is not a worthwhile read.

Victor
Obviously one of the best books he has ever written. It's as close as you can get to King's best novel `It`. The story is amazing, the characters well-drawn and especially Michael Noonan is probably the best and most mature character King has ever created. Read it and you will experience what I want to say.

Jacqueline Shaw
Bag of Bones By Stephen King is the most interesting books that I have read. It keeps you wanting to know what happened and the ending was great. Even though what happened to Kyra's mother Mattie it was wonderful.

Dave
Perhaps Stephen King's most intimate story yet, he takes a different tone from the works he has done in the past, and does it brilliantly. I found this book a remarkable attempt of bringing the real world back into his stories, much like he has done for Rose Madder. Most of all Bag of Bones is a real page turner which keeps one guessing the truth until the last twenty pages. Among his best yet, and highly recommended

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

A S I T closet