MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Bag of Bones, plus links to write your own review.

Bag of Bones

by Stephen King

Bag of Bones by Stephen King X
Bag of Bones by Stephen King

Sep 1998, 529 pages
    May 1999, 732 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Bag of Bones

As the master of the ghost story has done before, Stephen King's Bag of Bones gives the reader incredible suspense, bone-chilling jolts, and a cast of unforgettable characters and palpable setting. What makes Bag of Bones different, however, is the heart-retching story of a man's struggle with grief, longing, and his own ghosts amid a world saturated with the ghosts of the past. Anyone looking for a mystery, a ghost story, but most of all anyone looking for a beautiful, enduring love story, this one is for you.
Chanel

this book was and excellent and one of the best books i evern read. I love it becuase it keeps me awake and keep me turnin the page as well!
mary

Bag of Bones
I did not like this book at all. Most of the story plot dragged and at times it was painful to read. I did muster myself to finish it and the big shabang was mediocre at best. This book is not the best by Mr. King and overall it is not a worthwhile read.

Victor
Obviously one of the best books he has ever written. It's as close as you can get to King's best novel `It`. The story is amazing, the characters well-drawn and especially Michael Noonan is probably the best and most mature character King has ever created. Read it and you will experience what I want to say.

Jacqueline Shaw
Bag of Bones By Stephen King is the most interesting books that I have read. It keeps you wanting to know what happened and the ending was great. Even though what happened to Kyra's mother Mattie it was wonderful.

Dave
Perhaps Stephen King's most intimate story yet, he takes a different tone from the works he has done in the past, and does it brilliantly. I found this book a remarkable attempt of bringing the real world back into his stories, much like he has done for Rose Madder. Most of all Bag of Bones is a real page turner which keeps one guessing the truth until the last twenty pages. Among his best yet, and highly recommended

• Book Jacket: Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    Mary Toft; or, The Rabbit Queen
    by Dexter Palmer
    The year is 1726 and the sleepy town of Godalming has been rocked by scandal. Called to the bedside ...
  • Book Jacket: Life Undercover
    Life Undercover
    by Amaryllis Fox
    Life Undercover, a riveting true-adventure memoir, reveals how and why a young woman decides to work...
  • Book Jacket: Celestial Bodies
    Celestial Bodies
    by Jokha Alharthi
    One typically expects to find a detailed family tree adorning the opening pages of, say, an epic ...
  • Book Jacket: All-American Muslim Girl
    All-American Muslim Girl
    by Nadine Jolie Courtney
    16-year-old Allie (Alia) Abraham, with her fair coloring, has always been able to "pass" for an All-...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Welcome to the Pine Away Motel and Cabins
    by Katarina Bivald

A heartwarming story of love, friendship, and the art of living.

You Were There Too
    by Colleen Oakley

Acclaimed author Colleen Oakley delivers a heart-wrenching and unforgettable love story.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win American Dirt

"A Grapes of Wrath for our times." - Don Winslow

This debut is already being hailed as a new American classic, and is the first book to receive a perfect 5-stars from BookBrowse reviewers!

V I T S Of L