MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The One-in-a-Million Boy, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Discuss |  Reviews |  Readalikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The One-in-a-Million Boy

by Monica Wood

The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood X

Apr 2016, 336 pages
    Apr 2017, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The One-in-a-Million Boy

J watson

Unforgettable
This book was such a surprise! Outside my usual genres of mystery or historical fiction, I was totally captivated, I did not want it to end! I plan to have my book club read it when it is my turn to pick! The warmth of the story and characters are deeply felt.
Marcia S.

The boys legacy
This was such a wonderful book. The characters are so well-written and you find yourself wanting the best for them. The boy touches hearts and changes lives. It's not your usual "feel good" story, as the characters experience pain.This is the story of their journey. In many ways. it's a story of acceptance. In all ways, in the end, it's a story of love. The boy would be proud!
Veronica

The ONE-IN-A-MILLION-BOY
WONDER by R J. Palacio is one of my all time favorite books. If it was one of yours you will most likely find One in a Million Boy a delight to read. Insightful, heart tugging, and a feel good book with a tough story line. Recommended for all ages.
Sandi W.

Age is only a number....
A fantastic and heartwarming story about an unlikely friendship between an 104-year-old Lithuanian immigrant and a 11-year-old Boy Scout. The bond they share is uniquely special, and will definitely touch your heart.
It really was best not knowing too much of this story beforehand and letting it just unfold as it goes. You are in good hands as Monica Wood delivers a well written story that will make you think about life and those that you share it with. This book is heartbreaking, no doubt about it, but there is beauty too that alleviates the sadness and makes this a book about growth, personal discovery and how we view both ourselves and others.
I laughed and I cried. This book will take you by surprise.

Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Longings
    The Book of Longings
    by Sue Monk Kidd
    The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd follows the life of Ana, a woman born in the Galilean city of ...
  • Book Jacket: Master Class
    Master Class
    by Christina Dalcher
    Christina Dalcher's Master Class shows America sleepwalking into a perfectionist eventuality not ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Pronounce Knife
    How to Pronounce Knife
    by Souvankham Thammavongsa
    Many examples of immigrant fiction dedicate a portion of their storytelling to exploring details of ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

Daughter of the Reich
    by Louise Fein

A spellbinding story of impossible love set against the backdrop of the Nazi regime.

The Paris Hours
by Alex George

One day in the City of Light. One night in search of lost time.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

B I T T Water