MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Green Mile, plus links to write your own review.

The Green Mile

Nov 1999, 344 pages

There are currently 16 reader reviews for The Green Mile

Jaya

Captivating
Nothing screams injustice LOUDER than The Green Mile. The way a naturally vulnerable man suffers in the hands of a biased and prejudiced law system is aggravating, but explains perfectly the mindset of those in the deep south during the 1930s. Forming such a strong emotional bond with all characters meant it was impossible to not cry.
kaydawg

The green mile rocked my sox
A TEAR JERKER.... this book was great... the movie is also a great follow with the book. (if your not big on reading they are almost exact!) this shows conflicts that may acctualy happen in prison.
Josh

Very emotional book. Don't just watch the movie you have to read it. I loved it. It's my favorite book.
Michael

best book ever. Truly.
J M S

Powerful, powerful stuff! Had me crying, and no book has ever done that to me before!
Terry Jackson

I am fourteen years old. The Green Mile is the best book I ever read. I loved all the twists and turns this book takes. I recomended thius book to all my friends and they agree with me.
BPR

This book is excellent, I read it for school, and I couldn't stop reading once I was started. I had to find out what was going to happen next.
Lorraine Conlin

There are many amazing STEPHEN kING BOOKS. all i do is read and thi book is absolutley brilliant,funny,sad adn very deep.its me rollrd into one

• Book Jacket: The Vanishing Half
    The Vanishing Half
    by Brit Bennett
    Brit Bennett's second novel, The Vanishing Half (after The Mothers, her 2016 bestselling debut), ...
    Tropic of Violence
    by Nathacha Appanah
    Marie is a nurse working in Mayotte, a cluster of French territory islands in the Indian Ocean. When...
  • Book Jacket: Death in Mud Lick
    Death in Mud Lick
    by Eric Eyre
    When Eric Eyre, investigative and statehouse reporter for the Charleston Gazette-Daily, began ...
    Orange World and Other Stories
    by Karen Russell
    Karen Russell has a tremendous gift for crafting uncanny, through-the-looking glass worlds that are ...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

M's T W!