What readers think of A Night Without Armor, plus links to write your own review.

A Night Without Armor

by Jewel Kilcher

A Night Without Armor by Jewel Kilcher X
A Night Without Armor by Jewel Kilcher

May 1998, 160 pages
    Aug 1999, 160 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for A Night Without Armor

Erica

I am 18 and I found this poetry book very inspiring. I do not agree with the review written earlier about Jewel's poetry. When reading this you will find that some things are very straight forward and other poems have a deeper meaning to them. The entire book is brutely honest. I find it refreshing to hear from an artist that their life was never nor is now perfect. Jewel speaks the truths and writes about every type of emotions. If you're feeling something and want something to relate to, you will be able to find a poem in here that will help.
max

this book was VG, jewel was bold and wrote what she felt wich (to me) is brave.
It was in a form of poetry that is rarely (if ever) used like in her song 'Peaces of you" she used one emotion to inflict meany emotions.
this singer/poet has never disapointed me.
Richard David

I have always listened to jewels music, she has inspired me numerous times. I had the chance to read her book "A Night Without Armor" for the first time when i saw it at our local library. i could not put it down. I read the book all the way through the first time and am currently working on an assighnment about my new favorite poet. Im 19 and attending North Country Comunity College. Loved the book and i hope to be reading more from Jewel in the future.
Kathy

This is an amazing book. Jewel Kilcher is a very talented poet, author, singer and song writer. You will not be disappointed.
Duncan

I love the book's image and creative uses of feeling and certainty. It's an ill book, and even though there are some that are slightly over my head, it's my favorite! So much emotion, jewel is a lady with something to say. I especially like how she takes little life experiences, observations, and memories and finds a brilliant way to portray them... Did "I spell brilliant wrong?
Nicole

Jewel is amazing
Casey

This is a great book. I read a review on it, and decided to check it out for myself. I wish I could express myself the way Jewel does! She is such an inspiration! I also enjoy writing and hope to have a book of my own poems published someday. God has given all of us a gift - her's is the gift of unspoken words.
Monica

This book left me breathless. Jewel is truly astounding. Her words are so deeply powerful that her poems simply reach into your very soul and grasp it with a strength that can not be paralelled. I hope everyone who likes Jewel with a little glimmer will read this. May God bless you all, Monica.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Crossroads
    Crossroads
    by Jonathan Franzen
    Jonathan Franzen's Crossroads transports readers to the early 1970s, introducing us to a family on ...
  • Book Jacket: Chasing Me to My Grave
    Chasing Me to My Grave
    by Winfred Rembert
    Chasing Me to My Grave might be the most authentic, vulnerable autobiography you'll ever read. ...
  • Book Jacket: My Monticello
    My Monticello
    by Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
    In the incendiary opening story of My Monticello, Jocelyn Nicole Johnson's debut collection, a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...

When Two Feathers Fell from the Sky
by Margaret Verble
A deliciously strange and daringly original novel from Pulitzer Prize finalist Margaret Verble.

Sisters of the Great War
    by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

A few books well chosen, and well made use of, will be more profitable than a great confused Alexandrian library.

Y A B Up T W T