Reader reviews and comments on I See You, plus links to write your own review.

I See You

Nov 2017, 400 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for I See You

Linda Z.

Is It Or Is It Not?
Kudos to Clare Mackintosh, Author of "Let Me Lie" for writing such a captivating and intense psychological thriller. The author describes her characters as complex and complicated. There are dark deep secrets, betrayals, and lies, pathological lies. The only thing is, that you won't see them coming. There are twists and turns. There are characters that you know are suspect of something, or not.

Anna Johnson, has just given birth to an infant baby girl. It is now the anniversary of her parent's deaths. It is an extremely anxious, depressing and emotional time for Anna.

I highly recommend this riveting, exciting, suspenseful, novel to those that appreciate a good psychological thriller.
Melanie B

Fast-paced suspense
Very good suspense thriller. The author plays on our fear of the unknown in a contemporary setting -- the internet -- and it leads to twists and turns through the end of the story and an interesting surprise.
Julie M. (Golden Valley, MN)

Mackintosh Proves Her Skill With Sophomore Offering
The success of her first novel, I Let You Go, made Clare Mackintosh wonder whether her second effort would measure up at all. She need not have worried! This novel grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let you go with twists and turns right up until the last page. I literally read this book in an afternoon and evening; it's that good. Hint: If you catch one little clue that she drops, the last page won't shock you completely, but still the ending is a WOW! Please do not read the end of this book first, but rather enjoy the ride. You'll be anxiously anticipating her next book as soon as you finish this one.
Ilyse B. (Howell, NJ)

A Real Thrill
I was really looking forward to reading this book as I loved the author's first book, and let me say, I was not disappointed. The author is an expert at ratcheting up the tension in this thriller. I tend to guess a twist in a story, but this one kept me guessing. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, the author sent the story in another direction. I read this book in one day, mostly because I refused to do anything else until I finished it. Anyone who likes a highly involving read that keeps you guessing until the end will surely enjoy this book.
Liz B. (Fairview, TX)

Engaging Thriller
Wow, I did not see this ending coming! I See You is a well-written psychological thriller that builds beautifully to its surprising climax. Don't skip the very last page or you'll miss a lot! The premise is hauntingly believable and I could definitely see this becoming a movie, not unlike The Girl on the Train. Would love to see this become a series with these multi-faceted characters. Loved it!
Patricia S. (New Canaan, CT)

Always a new possibie suspect
This murder mystery leads one on a chase where many suspects are possible, but deleted one by one. Just when you think you know the culprit, you hit a wall. This is a clever mystery written from the perspective of 3 people, one of whom is the true suspect , but who hasn't been found yet-a cat and mouse game. Can you imagine seeing your photo in a newspaper ad called FindTheOne.com and wondering how the photo was taken and what it all means? Soon you discover there's more to the ads as more photos appear. Women's commutes to and from work each day are involved, and lest I spoil the story, I won't give more away. Just when I thought I had the mystery solved, I was blown away by the ending. A great read!!
DeAnn A. (Denver, CO)

Spine-Tingling Thriller
Clare Mackintosh is a talented writer. I read and enjoyed her first book "I Let You Go" and I must say this second book of hers is amazing! I found her characters to be very believable and the plot was scarily real. I enjoyed how the action shifted between the main characters and the police trying to solve the crime. There are even quite chilling thoughts from the perpetrator. The ending is amazing, I went back and read it twice. I could almost see this one being made into a movie! Highly recommended if you like quick-paced thrillers. This would make a good book club discussion book too.
Bev C. (Latrobe, PA)

I SEE YOU
Fast paced, convoluted, psychological thriller. Our story begins
"When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a grainy image, a website address and a phone number."

"Other women begin appearing in the same ad, a different one each day, and...they've become victims of increasingly violent crimes".(publishers notes)

I found this clandestine thriller totally engrossing.
There are twists and turns, dramatic changes in direction and a great deal of watching and waiting.
A well crafted variety of players and the nail biting evasion and pursuit highlighted the suspense.
Nothing could be taken for granted,
The who and why of the advert remained a mystery (to me) til near the novel's end.

I LET YOU GO (Clare Mackintosh) has moved forward on my TBR.

The Tube

• Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U