Reader reviews and comments on Pachinko, plus links to write your own review.

by Min Jin Lee

Rebecca Foster

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Pachinko

Joan

Fascinating Story of Korea
This is a fascinating story - fiction plus history and culture of Korea. Relatable characters, cultural developments, insight into family relationships, conflicts with Japan, hints about the budding of North Korea - it's all here!
James BC Yu

Pachinko
I was born in Japan of Korean parents and lived there till age 10. After Japan was defeated in 1945, our mother took us back to Korea. Our father was killed in 1944 in an accident while he was conscripted to work at a Japanese Navy Ship Yard. My family consisted of mother (32), sister (13), me (10) and 2 younger brothers (3) years apart. Once I started reading Pachinko, I couldn't stop reading because the main character, Sunja, is my sister, a strong and determined head of my family. I lived in Korea for another 10 years till after the end of Korean War. I have lived in the States over 6 decades.
Jan

Did not want the book to end
I was in love with every character in this book. Did not want it to end. So deep.

• Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...
  • Book Jacket: Brother
    Brother
    by David Chariandy
    Brother is the brief, moving account of how a single, tragic moment in time can alter the course of ...
    The Islamic Enlightenment
    by Christopher de Bellaigue
  • Book Jacket: The Spy of Venice
    The Spy of Venice
    by Benet Brandreth
    Benet Brandreth's delightfully diverting historical thriller brings the Bard to vibrant life. ...

The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

A crowning achievement of one of the finest American writers at work today.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter