What readers think of History Is All You Left Me, plus links to write your own review.

History Is All You Left Me

Bradley Sides

There are currently 3 reader reviews for History Is All You Left Me

Ma. Ellyne Machete

Time Is Constant
This book was literally the first book I've ever tried to not finish in one day, which made me think before I fall asleep. From start to finish, it broke my heart in so many ways I can't describe. Even though it was just Griffin's point of view it made me hurt for every character (except for Remy, of course). Adam Silvera portrayed in this book that letting go is sometimes the right thing to do even though you don't want to, value your life because some were suddenly stolen or gone without warning, it's nice to want the person you love happy but don't forget or devalue yourself for that person and if you know that you should prioritize yourself, do so, because no one's gonna do that for you but yourself. Stop being self-destructive for someone else. Be open to changes because the only constant thing in this world is time. Within the allotted time we have, it's expected that there will be changes. Either it's good or bad, time won't stop for you. You may choose to be stuck in the same place you know isn't good for you while the time keeps going or continue going forward with time.

It's not confusing why this will be in my Favorite Comfort Cry shelve. This book made me go through a roller coaster I thought I was ready for but wasn't (trust me, I expected pain when I bought this; it just so happens it was beyond the pain I expected).
Jordan Corrier

Amazzing Read
I thought it was going to be a cliché, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone deserves a good love story.
Gale Greenleaf

no title
OK, I like that y'all have excerpts from the books...so I read the snippet from History is All You Left Me and came to a screeching halt at the words "meaningless trivia." OK: reading, to me, is part of learning - how to read, how to write, how to use language, how to think. And I think, no I know, that part of the definition of "trivia" is "almost meaningless." So I can't advocate for a book that, in just a few sentences, has simple, basic errors in it. Sigh. Books are made of words - words have meanings. Would you read a book full of spelling errors, unless they were intentional? No. Then why would one encourage anyone to read a book with errors in words?

OCD in Young Adult Literature

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Wrong End of the Telescope
    The Wrong End of the Telescope
    by Rabih Alameddine
    Rabih Alameddine's The Wrong End of the Telescope follows Mina, a Lebanese American doctor who ...
  • Book Jacket: Lightning Strike
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Skinship
    Skinship
    by Yoon Choi
    The fine thing about short stories in general is their way of following characters through ...
    The Last Mona Lisa
    by Jonathan Santlofer
    In 1911, the Mona Lisa disappeared from its home at the Louvre in Paris. It took two years for the ...

Morningside Heights
by Joshua Henkin
A tender and big-hearted novel about love in the face of loss, from the award-winning author of The World Without You.

Flesh & Blood
    by N. West Moss

This beautifully written memoir offers insight, understanding, and joy.

Win This Book!
Win Sisters of the Great War

Sisters of the Great War by Suzanne Feldman

A powerful novel of two unconventional American sisters who volunteer at the front during World War I.

Y A B Up T W T