Reader reviews and comments on I Contain Multitudes, plus links to write your own review.

I Contain Multitudes

James Broderick

There is 1 reader review for I Contain Multitudes

Asia

Deserving of Multitudes of Praise
I listened to the audiobook version of I Contain Multitudes on my commute to and from school four days a week. I'm a biotechnology major so I have some background in some of the things Ed Yong was talking about which may have increased the enjoyment I got out of the book. It was detailed, expansive, and glorious. The reach of microbes outside of humans is also well discussed and truly fascinating. I admit to crying a little in my car at the end of the book at the miraculous nature of microbes. Sometimes I cry watching really sad commercials too so maybe don't put too much stock in that last bit. It's still an excellent book.

The Father of Microbiology

• Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S