Reader reviews and comments on I Contain Multitudes, plus links to write your own review.

I Contain Multitudes

James Broderick

There is 1 reader review for I Contain Multitudes

Asia

Deserving of Multitudes of Praise
I listened to the audiobook version of I Contain Multitudes on my commute to and from school four days a week. I'm a biotechnology major so I have some background in some of the things Ed Yong was talking about which may have increased the enjoyment I got out of the book. It was detailed, expansive, and glorious. The reach of microbes outside of humans is also well discussed and truly fascinating. I admit to crying a little in my car at the end of the book at the miraculous nature of microbes. Sometimes I cry watching really sad commercials too so maybe don't put too much stock in that last bit. It's still an excellent book.

The Father of Microbiology

• Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...
  • Book Jacket: Mrs. Everything
    Mrs. Everything
    by Jennifer Weiner
    Mrs. Everything spans six decades of an American family. We meet the Kaufman sisters Josette 'Jo' ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly