Reader reviews and comments on Sick Puppy, plus links to write your own review.

Sick Puppy

by Carl Hiaasen

Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen

Jan 2000, 341 pages
    Mar 2001, 528 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sick Puppy

Mark (04/27/02)

I recently devoured this book while flying from Chicago to Seattle. I trust my hearty guffaws and chortles did not seriously disturb the intent student seated next to me.

Hiaasen captures the ongoing demise of Florida in all its fetid, corrupt detail, telling a tale from the viewpoint of wild characters who each capture varying aspects of life in the Sunshine State.
And if you don't believe me, ask some of the true locals next time you're visiting a tiki bar in South Florida.
Great stuff!
Anonymous (11/24/01)

A good read, as are all of Carl's books. I enjoyed Tourist Season the most but have read all of his novels. He has a knack for capturing the humorous side of South Florida.

Discover your next great read here

June
by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Every good journalist has a novel in him - which is an excellent place for it.

Y S M B, I'll S Y