MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Sick Puppy, plus links to write your own review.

Sick Puppy

by Carl Hiaasen

Sick Puppy

Jan 2000, 341 pages
    Mar 2001, 528 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Sick Puppy

Mark (04/27/02)

I recently devoured this book while flying from Chicago to Seattle. I trust my hearty guffaws and chortles did not seriously disturb the intent student seated next to me.

Hiaasen captures the ongoing demise of Florida in all its fetid, corrupt detail, telling a tale from the viewpoint of wild characters who each capture varying aspects of life in the Sunshine State.
And if you don't believe me, ask some of the true locals next time you're visiting a tiki bar in South Florida.
Great stuff!
Anonymous (11/24/01)

A good read, as are all of Carl's books. I enjoyed Tourist Season the most but have read all of his novels. He has a knack for capturing the humorous side of South Florida.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Robert Harris
  • Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S