Reader reviews and comments on Archangel, plus links to write your own review.

Archangel

by Robert Harris

Archangel by Robert Harris X
Archangel by Robert Harris

Dec 1998, 373 pages
    Jan 2000, 415 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Archangel

arshan

this is the best book ever
This book has a lot of black suspense, and is very violent and for a very mature audience, but overall the book rocks!!
paul

Archangel is in my humble opinion Harris' best novel so far and it's hard to see how he will better this.

My interest in Russian history led me to buy the book and I certainly wasn't disappointed. A brilliantly crafted novel

with lots of twists and chilling surprises with a momentous finale. This novel puts Harris on the podium with Forsyth

Deighton et all. His research and knowledge are beyond reproach and he knows how to pile on the tension in spades

and leave you desperate to discover more. Sheer class!
Philip Zimman

Archangel is a wonderfully crafted novel, filled with suspense, drama and humor. Robert Harris shows us what post-communism Russia is like, as well giving us a look back to the time of Joseph Stalin. His characters are easy to both love and hate, and I am possitive that this book would adapt marvelously to the silver screen. And I believe there are already people working on that.

<< Can you feel the force of Comrade stalin, even from the grave? >>

G-Unit Homie

very nice book alot of cool stuff and it also explains alot fo cool stuff very nice robert gj
D. Papapanos

Absolutely Marvellous.
frankenstein21

Good background atmosphere - exciting ending
Reasonable writing - but a lot of the plotting is predictable. Would not recommend.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: White Too Long
    White Too Long
    by Robert P. Jones
    Religious scholar Robert P. Jones doesn't pull any punches in his latest book, White Too Long: The ...
  • Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

Where the Light Enters
by Sara Donati

An enthralling epic about two trailblazing female doctors in 19th century New York.

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R