What readers think of Abide With Me, plus links to write your own review.

Abide With Me

May 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Abide With Me

Nini

I Say A Little Prayer
Your. Wonderful and Welcome Back !!!!!!!!!
I hope all is well with you and yours and everyone close to your heart.
You have a talent for expressing and impressing in the same sentence. Without skipping a beat.
Your books, make people stop and think it over for minute.
"Speaking from the consensus of the people I know and socially".
Word of mouth is still the best advertisement.
it's great that you had some time off for R/R and in the process took advantage of the opportunity to pursue other passions as well.
Now, I don't mean to be pushy but "Lord" let your next book, be on the printing press getting ready for publication,
as we speak. Can I get an AMEN.
Good Luck in your endeavors and go with God's speed .
"I think everyone should choose to be the person they want to be then be the person they chose to be".
Although, some of us might not be in the family. ALL of us would prosper from practicing "JUDGE NOT"
I'm in complete agreement with Ms. Gladys and her mother.
"if the shoes fit, they yours."
God Bless, and remember GOD is sufficient for All.
Your fan-Nini
Jessica Williams

This book was absolutely awesome. I've read all of Harris' books and I love his work.

J. Nelson
I just finished this book and just like all of his book it was a masterpiece. I have all of E. Lynn Harris books and I am going to stay in this weekend and finished the collection. His story seem so real and you are able to identify and feel for the characters. I hope that Basil can some day find love and peace. I can't wait to meet this author in person one and tell him that I am his one fan and will buy everything he writes.

Jo Ann Patterson
I went to work and read Abide with me all day long! I didn't talk or eat lunch until I finish that book. Mr. Harris is the best! I didn't do any work but I got pay for reading the best book this year.

Levar Braxton
As with all of his books, Mr. Harris did a wonderful job capturing the lives of ordinary people with extraordinary spirits. Admittedly, when I picked up the first book in his series, I thought I would be overwhelmed by the homosexual relationships, but I found it went much deeper than sex and relationships and explored intimacies and secretes we all hide. I would recommend any of Mr. Harris's book with high regard.

Lita Ward
I am currently in the middle of this book and cannot put it down! Mr. Harris has done it again; captivating human experiences, emotions, sexuality and relationships! Great work!

A'Nya Lewis
The book Abide With Me by author E Lynn Harris was beyond captivating. It was a story of love, defeat, and success. The book is a must read. It may be a little shocking to less open minded people but it is definitely a great book.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.

A S I T closet