Reader reviews and comments on Abide With Me, plus links to write your own review.

Abide With Me

May 2000, 368 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Abide With Me

Nini

I Say A Little Prayer
Your. Wonderful and Welcome Back !!!!!!!!!
I hope all is well with you and yours and everyone close to your heart.
You have a talent for expressing and impressing in the same sentence. Without skipping a beat.
Your books, make people stop and think it over for minute.
"Speaking from the consensus of the people I know and socially".
Word of mouth is still the best advertisement.
it's great that you had some time off for R/R and in the process took advantage of the opportunity to pursue other passions as well.
Now, I don't mean to be pushy but "Lord" let your next book, be on the printing press getting ready for publication,
as we speak. Can I get an AMEN.
Good Luck in your endeavors and go with God's speed .
"I think everyone should choose to be the person they want to be then be the person they chose to be".
Although, some of us might not be in the family. ALL of us would prosper from practicing "JUDGE NOT"
I'm in complete agreement with Ms. Gladys and her mother.
"if the shoes fit, they yours."
God Bless, and remember GOD is sufficient for All.
Your fan-Nini
Jessica Williams

This book was absolutely awesome. I've read all of Harris' books and I love his work.

J. Nelson
I just finished this book and just like all of his book it was a masterpiece. I have all of E. Lynn Harris books and I am going to stay in this weekend and finished the collection. His story seem so real and you are able to identify and feel for the characters. I hope that Basil can some day find love and peace. I can't wait to meet this author in person one and tell him that I am his one fan and will buy everything he writes.

Jo Ann Patterson
I went to work and read Abide with me all day long! I didn't talk or eat lunch until I finish that book. Mr. Harris is the best! I didn't do any work but I got pay for reading the best book this year.

Levar Braxton
As with all of his books, Mr. Harris did a wonderful job capturing the lives of ordinary people with extraordinary spirits. Admittedly, when I picked up the first book in his series, I thought I would be overwhelmed by the homosexual relationships, but I found it went much deeper than sex and relationships and explored intimacies and secretes we all hide. I would recommend any of Mr. Harris's book with high regard.

Lita Ward
I am currently in the middle of this book and cannot put it down! Mr. Harris has done it again; captivating human experiences, emotions, sexuality and relationships! Great work!

A'Nya Lewis
The book Abide With Me by author E Lynn Harris was beyond captivating. It was a story of love, defeat, and success. The book is a must read. It may be a little shocking to less open minded people but it is definitely a great book.

• Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

House of Stone
    by Novuyo Rosa Tshuma

A masterful debut, pulsing with dark humor, that explores the often destructive act of history-making.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M