Reader reviews and comments on I Let You Go, plus links to write your own review.

I Let You Go

Donna Chavez

There are currently 3 reader reviews for I Let You Go

Lesley

A moving & clever novel.
This is the most memorable book I've read for a long time. It is so cleverly written. The effect has lingered in my mind, in a fascinating way, since reading it months ago.The locations add interest as they switch from urban to seaside and the author really helps the reader to imagine the protagonist's emotions as she struggles through her situation. It is so visual a story , that, as I read it, I could see a televised drama in front of my eyes. I'm sure it is only a matter of time.
Alline

Red Herrings Galore!
I was terribly disappointed in this book. It was filled with cliches, cheap tricks and red herrings. The protagonist is a pathetic doormat with whom we are supposed to identify and commiserate. While I finished the book it was with a groan, not a sense of delight. I felt tremendously manipulated by the author, and not in a way that was at all pleasurable or interesting. I'd recommend skipping this book.
Karen

Bad - don't bother
The book was very disappointing. Not much plot or character development. Went nowhere for quite some time; did have a little surprise close to the end; but other than that, i was disappointed. I read the whole thing to see if the plot would develop or just increase my interest, but unfortunately, it did not. I will not be reading any more from this author.

Bending Real Life into Fiction

• Book Jacket: The World According to Fannie Davis
    The World According to Fannie Davis
    by Bridgett M. Davis
    Devoted daughter Bridgett M. Davis was always inspired by her mother Fannie, who provided stability,...
  • Book Jacket: Territory of Light
    Territory of Light
    by Yuko Tsushima
    Set in Tokyo during the late 1970s, Yūko Tsushima's Territory of Light chronicles a year in the...
  • Book Jacket: Unmarriageable
    Unmarriageable
    by Soniah Kamal
    Soniah Kamal makes no secret of the fact that her novel Unmarriageable is a retelling of Jane Austen...
  • Book Jacket: The Paragon Hotel
    The Paragon Hotel
    by Lyndsay Faye
    Lyndsay Faye's arresting The Paragon Hotel focuses on how disparate groups of marginalized people ...

The Half-Life of Everything
by Deborah Carol Gang

A beautifully written and uplifting debut novel.

Sounds Like Titanic
    by Jessica Chiccehitto Hindman

"A tricky, unnerving, consistently fascinating memoir."
    --Kirkus, starred review

The Lost Man
    by Jane Harper

A stunning standalone novel from New York Times bestseller Jane Harper.

Win The Climate Report

The Climate Report

"The most comprehensive assessment of the effects of climate change on the United States."
–The New York Times