Reader reviews and comments on Girl in the Blue Coat, plus links to write your own review.

Girl in the Blue Coat

Apr 2017, 320 pages

Mollie Smith Waters

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Girl in the Blue Coat

Abree

This was outstanding! ????
I have to admit..... this book made me cry so many times! I just wanted to savor this whole book! When I finished, that was one of the times I cried? I would most definitely recommend this book! It's even more than a book, it's like you are there with the characters!
Becky H

THE GIRL IN THE BLUE COAT by Monica Hesse
A young woman living in Holland during the Nazi Occupation is forced into smuggling and utilizing the Black Market in order to feed her family and friends. One of her “regulars” asks her to find “the girl in the blue coat” and that is where the mystery begins. Secrets, betrayals, lost friendships, disappearances, dead lovers and danger on all sides makes this a compelling and tense read. Everyday life in an occupied city is made real and horrific.
Although billed as Young Adult, this novel will appeal to anyone interested in WWII and the resistance, especially in Holland.
5 of 5 stars

Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance