Reader reviews and comments on Girl in the Blue Coat, plus links to write your own review.

Girl in the Blue Coat

Mollie Smith Waters

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Girl in the Blue Coat

Monica

Great read
Great story. Once i started, I didn’t want to put it down.
Abree

This was outstanding! ????
I have to admit..... this book made me cry so many times! I just wanted to savor this whole book! When I finished, that was one of the times I cried? I would most definitely recommend this book! It's even more than a book, it's like you are there with the characters!
Becky H

THE GIRL IN THE BLUE COAT by Monica Hesse
A young woman living in Holland during the Nazi Occupation is forced into smuggling and utilizing the Black Market in order to feed her family and friends. One of her “regulars” asks her to find “the girl in the blue coat” and that is where the mystery begins. Secrets, betrayals, lost friendships, disappearances, dead lovers and danger on all sides makes this a compelling and tense read. Everyday life in an occupied city is made real and horrific.
Although billed as Young Adult, this novel will appeal to anyone interested in WWII and the resistance, especially in Holland.
5 of 5 stars

• Book Jacket: Lost Children Archive
    Lost Children Archive
    by Valeria Luiselli
    Lost Children Archive is a feast of language and storytelling that chronicles a family road trip ...
  • Book Jacket: The World According to Fannie Davis
    The World According to Fannie Davis
    by Bridgett M. Davis
    Devoted daughter Bridgett M. Davis was always inspired by her mother Fannie, who provided stability,...
  • Book Jacket: Territory of Light
    Territory of Light
    by Yuko Tsushima
    Set in Tokyo during the late 1970s, Yūko Tsushima's Territory of Light chronicles a year in the...
  • Book Jacket: Unmarriageable
    Unmarriageable
    by Soniah Kamal
    Soniah Kamal makes no secret of the fact that her novel Unmarriageable is a retelling of Jane Austen...

The Half-Life of Everything
by Deborah Carol Gang

A beautifully written and uplifting debut novel.

The Lost Man
    by Jane Harper

A stunning standalone novel from New York Times bestseller Jane Harper.

Sounds Like Titanic
    by Jessica Chiccehitto Hindman

"A tricky, unnerving, consistently fascinating memoir."
    --Kirkus, starred review

Win The Climate Report

The Climate Report

"The most comprehensive assessment of the effects of climate change on the United States."
–The New York Times