MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!, plus links to write your own review.

This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!

by Jonathan Evison

This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! by Jonathan Evison X
This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! by Jonathan Evison

Sep 2015, 304 pages
    May 2016, 320 pages

Rebecca Foster

There is 1 reader review for This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!

Susan

Harriet Chance's life a disappointment
At age 78 Harriet Chance reflects on her dismal marriage, her poor relationship with her daughter, and the decisions she made along the way that denied her prospects of a more satisfying life outcome. Not a very insightful tale. The writing isn't awful, just mediocre and not a critical best from Jonathan Evison. Public relations is more to account for its popularity than the book delivers.

• Book Jacket: A Dredging in Swann
    A Dredging in Swann
    by Tim Garvin
    A Dredging in Swann, set in fictional Swann County, North Carolina, centers around fresh-out-of-the-...
  • Book Jacket: The Black Cathedral
    The Black Cathedral
    by Marcial Gala
    Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral, translated from the Spanish by Anna Kushner, is narrated through...
  • Book Jacket: When We Were Vikings
    When We Were Vikings
    by Andrew David MacDonald
    In When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald, readers are first introduced to Zelda on her ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...

The Splendid and the Vile
    by Erik Larson

A fresh and compelling portrait of Winston Churchill and London during the Blitz.

The Girl in White Gloves
    by Kerri Maher

A fascinating and deeply researched novel of the extraordinary Grace Kelly.

Remembrance
by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I