Reader reviews and comments on Bridget Jones's Diary, plus links to write your own review.

Bridget Jones's Diary

May 1999, 267 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Bridget Jones's Diary

Lisa

Wonderful
I´m from Germany and I read the book because I had do to at school. but I think it´s very good and funny and I like to read it. But sometimes it was difficult for me to understand all. And so I can´t say if the book is the same like the film, or if there are some differences.
Kerry

Fantastic
Of course the book is all about Bridget's feelings and emotions....it's a diary!! I think anyone, man or woman, would quietly admit to themselves the selfish thoughts they have when something terrible happens to someone they know, Bridget is just doing that in her diary. The book provides an excellent outlet for anyone woman who feels the pressures of impending singledom, rubbish careers and crazy parents and it makes the reader see that IT'S OK NOT TO BE PERFECT! We love Bridget 'cos she is fun, honest and finds true love even though she is (shock! horror!) average and has arse the size of Brazil. Obviously not for everyone but one of the best reads I have come across and a must for any single girl :)
Ezhik

Well, Hello!
I'm from Russia! I must say, that Helen Filding is one of the most popular writer nowadays, of course after the film being released. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Una

The film was great but the book was even better. I can't stop reading them and I can't wait for the third one to come out . Come on Helen...Write Away! You are my favourite author.
Yanitsa Kazantseva

Excellent book
Nicola

I am 12 years old. I think Bridget Jone's Diary is one of the best books i've read. I love books and/or films that have alot of funny parts in them that never wears off and I also love it how there is alot of romance, and emotions in the book. The movie is good but the book is better because the movie doeznt incluse all of the gags and things that are in the book :)
Sarah

I do not usually read for enjoyment. I saw the movie and decided to pick up the book. It was brilliant, hilarious, and I could hardly put it down. After reading it, I felt like Bridget Jones could be my best friend(or maybe she was talking about me). I can't wait to read the sequel!
kieran wilson

it was amazin but the film was bril

• Book Jacket: Sunburn
    Sunburn
    by Laura Lippman
    Crime writer Laura Lippman is both prolific and versatile. After spending years as a reporter for ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us