Reader reviews and comments on Coast Road, plus links to write your own review.

Coast Road

by Barbara Delinsky

Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky X
Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky

Apr 1999, 368 pages
    May 1999, 447 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Coast Road

I enjoyed this book very much. Sometimes in a marriage you take the other person for granted and get caught up in the "big picture". This book makes you realize that and makes you want to remember why you fell in love in the first place.

Robert T. Hall
"Coast Road" is a deep human story of family life that you can't put down. The author must have lived parts of the tense phases of this delightful story. Thank you, Barbara Delinsky !

Linda McKeown
I could not put this book down. It is so filled with emotion. It was a pleasure seeing Jack making a stronger connection with his daughters. I felt this story showed a great sense of what family, friends and neighbors are all about. You never know when everything you hold dear could change in an instant. A must read!!!!

Carol Driscoll
I have read and enjoyed many Barbara Delinsky books, but Coast Road is by far my favorite. I became so involved in the story and so attached to the characters that I am miserable to have finished it. I want more of these people...more of their story....maybe a sequel book, Barbara?

Chris M.
I love it when the book I'm reading lets me picture the entire setting, story, etc. Coast Road was wonderful--I passed it along to a friend who also couldn't put it down. When's the movie??

Ann
This book was touching, humorous and thoughtful, bringing up many issues on many levels, bypassing the clichés of how men and women act and relate. The characters and the dialogue are so real they almost jump off the page in their human strength and weakness. This book is a winner.

Holly Burner
Coast Road came as a wonderful surprise to me. I bought it as a "trash novel" to read at the airport. I finally read it giving birth to our third child (a boy), and discovered a novel where the relationships of husband/wife and parent/children and humanity/God (if you will via Faith) are strong and right and good rather than spineless and weak. Thank you.

Diane Welch
I could not put this book down, I was so upset that the book ended, I wanted it to go on and on. It made me think about relationships, life and really what is important in life. A must read !!!!

• Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dutch House
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away ...

• Book Jacket: The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
    by Kim Michele Richardson
    A loyal animal companion, treks through gorgeous but forbidding wilderness, glimpses of larger ...
  • Book Jacket: Where the Light Enters
    Where the Light Enters
    by Sara Donati
    In this thrilling follow-up to The Gilded Hour, doctors Sophie and Anna Savard take on a baffling ...

Book Club
The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek
by Kim Michele Richardson

A story of raw courage, fierce strength, and one woman's belief that books can carry us anywhere.

Win The Girl Who Reads on the MĂ©tro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S