Reader reviews and comments on The Paying Guests, plus links to write your own review.

The Paying Guests

Rebecca Foster

There is 1 reader review for The Paying Guests

Roe P

Better than I ever expected
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters was not what I was expecting when I picked it up...but soon after I started reading I found it to be much better than I thought. Ms. Waters writes a compelling story..but what really sets this book apart is that with her words she sets the stage for you and while reading it is as if you can see every scene in the book...As I read I could envision the characters and I could feel their feelings and hear their thoughts. Ms Waters has an exceptions talent of bring this book to life. Go out and get this wonderful book and enjoy it.!

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Watch Over Me
    Watch Over Me
    by Nina LaCour
    In the vast, kaleidoscopic multiverse of plot devices, one type that always pulls me right in is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Cold Millions
    The Cold Millions
    by Jess Walter
    Jess Walter's The Cold Millions centers around 16-year-old Rye Dolan and his 23-year-old brother Gig...
    The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste
    While reading The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste, I was reminded of the David Foster Wallace novel ...
  • Book Jacket: The Exiles
    The Exiles
    by Christina Baker Kline
    A young governess finds herself pregnant and in prison for theft and attempted murder. An Irish ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R