Reader reviews and comments on I'll Give You the Sun, plus links to write your own review.

I'll Give You the Sun

Oct 2015, 400 pages

Tamara Ellis Smith

There is 1 reader review for I'll Give You the Sun

Nadja Jackson

Beautiful and poignant view of adolescence
This is such a wonderful book -- the emotions leap off the page from the extremely sympathetic characters. I loved the structure of the book, the writing, the pace of the story, the arcs of the characters, the unexpected (and even the predictable) plot twists, and the overall themes. This book deserved every award it's won so far. Good for older teens and up, but great for adults, who will be able to appreciate what we learn as we look back over our lives, and those pivotal decision points and moments that made such a difference.

• Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...
  • Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...

Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree & Katie McCabe

An inspiring life story that speaks urgently to our troubled times.

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D