MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on I'll Give You the Sun, plus links to write your own review.

I'll Give You the Sun

Oct 2015, 400 pages

Tamara Ellis Smith

There is 1 reader review for I'll Give You the Sun

Nadja Jackson

Beautiful and poignant view of adolescence
This is such a wonderful book -- the emotions leap off the page from the extremely sympathetic characters. I loved the structure of the book, the writing, the pace of the story, the arcs of the characters, the unexpected (and even the predictable) plot twists, and the overall themes. This book deserved every award it's won so far. Good for older teens and up, but great for adults, who will be able to appreciate what we learn as we look back over our lives, and those pivotal decision points and moments that made such a difference.

The Island of Sea Women
    by Lisa See
    Lisa See's latest novel, The Island of Sea Women, follows the lives of Mi-ja and Young-sook, two ...
  • Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...

And They Called It Camelot
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

An unforgettable portrait of American legend Jackie O.

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed