MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, plus links to write your own review.

by Joel Dicker

May 2014, 656 pages
    May 2014, 656 pages

Megan Shaffer

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

Chan (04/01/16)

Favorite
I've read this novel twice and it is so beautifully written. Easily my favorite book and I recommend it to anyone!
Joni (07/10/14)

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair
This is the first time I can remember actually putting down a book so I didn't finish it. I wanted to make it last as long as possible.
I have not been this taken with a book in a long time. Well thought out, well written, great story, great twists.
Power Reviewer lani (06/25/14)

Be prepared to be hooked!
Despite my non belief in the 15 year old girl's voice, I was thoroughly entranced with this novel and read all of its 640 pages in 2 days, although getting done with nothing else in my life. A perfect summer book on the beach or long plane ride where you want to be swept into a drama where reading just one more chapter is never enough.It is a crime novel that takes so many turns you have no idea where it is headed. The minute you think you have it solved another piece of the puzzle rockets the story into a different direction. Not only a wonderfully woven thriller, but a true gem for writers themselves..Don't let its length put you off..Wonderfully addictive!
Barbara Z (06/20/14)

Up all night
I couldn't put this book down! Yes, there are stereotypes, humor, satire, and creepiness. But there is a certain genius to the book as a whole package - including the cover, the layout (chapter numbers in descending rather than ascending order), the book within a book, and possibly some similarities between the author and the character Marcus.

A Red Herring

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q