MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair, plus links to write your own review.

by Joel Dicker

May 2014, 656 pages
    May 2014, 656 pages

Megan Shaffer

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

Chan (04/01/16)

Favorite
I've read this novel twice and it is so beautifully written. Easily my favorite book and I recommend it to anyone!
Joni (07/10/14)

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair
This is the first time I can remember actually putting down a book so I didn't finish it. I wanted to make it last as long as possible.
I have not been this taken with a book in a long time. Well thought out, well written, great story, great twists.
Power Reviewer lani (06/25/14)

Be prepared to be hooked!
Despite my non belief in the 15 year old girl's voice, I was thoroughly entranced with this novel and read all of its 640 pages in 2 days, although getting done with nothing else in my life. A perfect summer book on the beach or long plane ride where you want to be swept into a drama where reading just one more chapter is never enough.It is a crime novel that takes so many turns you have no idea where it is headed. The minute you think you have it solved another piece of the puzzle rockets the story into a different direction. Not only a wonderfully woven thriller, but a true gem for writers themselves..Don't let its length put you off..Wonderfully addictive!
Barbara Z (06/20/14)

Up all night
I couldn't put this book down! Yes, there are stereotypes, humor, satire, and creepiness. But there is a certain genius to the book as a whole package - including the cover, the layout (chapter numbers in descending rather than ascending order), the book within a book, and possibly some similarities between the author and the character Marcus.

A Red Herring

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun