Reader reviews and comments on The Frangipani Hotel, plus links to write your own review.

The Frangipani Hotel

Rebecca Foster

There is 1 reader review for The Frangipani Hotel

Diane S (03/06/14)

The Frangipani hotel
The Frangipani is an old run down hotel in Saigon and where the story, Reception, takes place. One of my favorites and the story that had the most humor. I loved all of these stories, ghost tales and folk tales all having some hidden meaning to the teller of the story. All offer a glimpse into the Vietnamese culture.

Loved Skin and Bones though I will admit I am not sure of the whole meaning or the happenings within. It still fascinated me and I identified with the characters the most in this one. Red Veil I found to be the most creepy. Loved how the ending story connected with the beginning story. All in all a very good collection. One of my favorites so far this year.

Vietnamese Legends

Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal