What readers think of Relationship Rescue, plus links to write your own review.

Relationship Rescue

Feb 2000, 272 pages
    Jan 2001, 272 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Relationship Rescue

Tom

This book is wonderful. I had one foot out the door and now my marriage is so much better and we both have such a better understanding. We learned things in this book that people that have been married 50 years might not have figured out yet. i recomend this book to anyone who is married. Whether the marriage be geart or whether it be hanging on by a thread.!!
Dr. Yehia A. Ibrahim

What a great wisdom, Dr. Phil McGraw and his insightful book "Relationship Rescue" has added to my life, not only as a husband with a marriage realtionship at seemingly risk, but also as a counsellor and trainer who has a "Human Resource Development Mission" in life. I candidly consider this book to be one of the most ever published important books that can trmendously help people rebuild trust and friendship in their relationship. Those who read the book should pay attention to the hirarchy of self as it goes deeply into the core of consiousness. This core is sometimes, and also naturally, contaminated with irrational beliefs and erroneously prioritized or imporoperly positioned values. When such a contaimnation heavily exists, the bad spirit finds its way into corrupting our behaviors and destroying our relationships. If it is our decision to live happily and restore our marrital purpose, it rather important that we go back to our core of consciousness and search it for the principles of life, i.e. life's compass. This core is innate and authentic wherein decent and rational personal relationship values exist. When these values are decontaminated, emphasized and liberated, people's proactivity sustains, and their martial wisdom flourishes.

Dr. Phil has undoubtedly taken us in and with his book beyond any psycho-jargons. It is a practical and "must-read" reference for those who are cuurently married or planning to live a happily in relationship marriage.

Last, but far from least, being a Muslim, myself, I have found that Phil's book perfectly fit my beliefs into the nature of self as related to its human and/or humane interactions. Furthermore, the book has taken me into a higher, yet marvelously satisfying, spiritual level that appears universal for those who are connected to their core consciousness, regardless of their religions. I now share with those people all the authentic values of our core consciousness.

Dr. Phil has impressed me one more time.

Prof. Yehia A. Ibrahim, Ph.D.

N.F. Hall
After having failed all my intimate relationships over the past several years, I met someone that I knew I didn't want to fail. I read "Relationship Rescue" before the relationship ever needed rescued, or so I thought.
Through Dr. McGraw's no nonsense plan of action, I realized that I was already subconsciously sabotaging our relationship. I learned how to turn it back around to be as good as it was when we had that first spark between us.
This book is very motivating, empowering, inspirational and captivating.
I highly recommend this book to all couples, regardless of the current health of their relationship. I am telling everyone about what Dr. McGraw has done for me and look forward to reading "Life Strategies" next!
Thanks Dr. Phil!!!

Dr. Carl L. Wiley
I do marriage and family counseling. For couples experiencing problems, I insist they read Dr. McGraw's book. If they are unwilling to read it, then I am unwilling to work with them. For those who take the book seriously, it has been a great help. I only wish Dr. McGraw had been around 40 years ago when we were being taught the "non-directive" approach!

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire