Reader reviews and comments on We Need New Names, plus links to write your own review.

We Need New Names

Naomi Benaron

There is 1 reader review for We Need New Names

Power Reviewer Mal

We Need New Names
Bulawayo’s style is impressive. She manages to capture Zimbabwe and the United States through the eyes of Darling, a 10 year old girl. Bulawayo's words paint a clear yet lyrical message of life in Zimbabwe, a country in turmoil for decades under autocratic rule. We follow Darling as she assimilates to life in the United Sates - a country so strange to Darling in every way. Searching for her identity far away from home has an air of sadness as well an endearing quality as Darling navigates her way through her new home while yearning for her homeland, family and friends. We Need New Names is a powerful and unforgettable story.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers