Reader reviews and comments on We Need New Names, plus links to write your own review.

We Need New Names

by NoViolet Bulawayo

We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo

May 2013, 304 pages
    May 2014, 320 pages

Naomi Benaron

There is 1 reader review for We Need New Names

Power Reviewer Mal (10/01/13)

We Need New Names
Bulawayo’s style is impressive. She manages to capture Zimbabwe and the United States through the eyes of Darling, a 10 year old girl. Bulawayo's words paint a clear yet lyrical message of life in Zimbabwe, a country in turmoil for decades under autocratic rule. We follow Darling as she assimilates to life in the United Sates - a country so strange to Darling in every way. Searching for her identity far away from home has an air of sadness as well an endearing quality as Darling navigates her way through her new home while yearning for her homeland, family and friends. We Need New Names is a powerful and unforgettable story.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

O My D B