Reader reviews and comments on The Fever Tree, plus links to write your own review.

The Fever Tree

by Jennifer McVeigh

The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh

Apr 2013, 432 pages
    Feb 2014, 448 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There is 1 reader review for The Fever Tree

Power Reviewer Diane S. (06/12/13)

Fever Tree
Set in the latter part of Queen Victoria's reign, this is the story of Francis a young woman ill equipped to handle the circumstances in which she finds herself. I actually found this part of the story rather cliched, and although I had some sympathy for her I found the decisions she made irritating. The historical aspects of this novel I loved knowing so little about this before I started reading. South Africa in its Colonial period, the diamond mines, Kimberly and Cape Town, the Boers and the small pox epidemic that threatened the diamond mines. Francis does redeem herself in my eyes by the end of the book, and I found the ending to be extremely well done.

• Book Jacket: All Our Wrong Todays

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Beware the man of one book

O My D B