Reader reviews and comments on The Fever Tree, plus links to write your own review.

The Fever Tree

by Jennifer McVeigh

The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh

Apr 2013, 432 pages
    Feb 2014, 448 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There is 1 reader review for The Fever Tree

Power Reviewer Diane S. (06/12/13)

Fever Tree
Set in the latter part of Queen Victoria's reign, this is the story of Francis a young woman ill equipped to handle the circumstances in which she finds herself. I actually found this part of the story rather cliched, and although I had some sympathy for her I found the decisions she made irritating. The historical aspects of this novel I loved knowing so little about this before I started reading. South Africa in its Colonial period, the diamond mines, Kimberly and Cape Town, the Boers and the small pox epidemic that threatened the diamond mines. Francis does redeem herself in my eyes by the end of the book, and I found the ending to be extremely well done.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshmen bring so much in and the graduates take so little out.

K Your F C