Reader reviews and comments on The Shelter Cycle, plus links to write your own review.

The Shelter Cycle

Morgan Macgregor

There is 1 reader review for The Shelter Cycle

Diane S.

The Shelter Cycle
I had not previously heard of the Church Universal and Triumphant, but I have heard of their leader who was Elizabeth Clare Prophet. They were a church in the seventies, that believed the world would end in the spring of 1990. In anticipation they built huge underground shelters in Montana, with enough supplies for seven years. Of course the world did not end so what happened to the people of this church, where did their teachings take them from here? This is the story of two such people, that were children at the time but had since grown up and had two disparate lives. I found this novel disturbing a feeling that its rather flat matter of fact tone enforced. The video of the author describing this book, was very helpful in that it explained where how and why the author became interested in this church. I also looked up this church on the good old wiki and still cant' quite understand these types of churches or cults or whatever. This book was short, but contained quite a bit. Very different.

• Book Jacket: American Histories
    by Madeline Miller

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya

A riveting story of dislocation, survival, and the power of stories to break or save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes