Reader reviews and comments on Above All Things, plus links to write your own review.

Above All Things

Bob Sauerbrey

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Above All Things

Karen R (03/19/13)

Captivating
What a great book. Can't remember the last time I read a book with such a powerful ending. Plus I don't normally read the author notes at the end of a book, but I was captivated by her story and how she came to write this book about the Mallory's. Ms. Rideout put her heart and soul into it and I look forward to her next novel.
Power Reviewer Diane S (01/21/13)

Above all things
I have read non fiction accounts of George Mallory and his attempts to climb Mt. Everest so I was already familiar with a basic knowledge of his story. Alternating chapters between the expedition and George's young wife at home with her three children added an additional element to the story. There were times when I was getting a little frustrated with the slow pace at various times in the novel, but than things would pick up and become interesting again. The author's strength in writing was most ably displayed in the scenes of the deprivations that the men experienced during the climb. I also enjoyed reading about how his wife was coping at home. I would have given this novel a higher rating except that I found a few historical inconsistencies that I could not overlook. This book will appeal to those who find adventure stories fascinating or to those who have an interest in climbing.

Glorious Failures

• Book Jacket: The Leavers
    The Leavers
    by Lisa Ko

The day before Deming Guo saw his mother for the last time, she surprised him at school. A navy ...

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R