What readers think of Above All Things, plus links to write your own review.

Above All Things

Bob Sauerbrey

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Above All Things

Karen R

Captivating
What a great book. Can't remember the last time I read a book with such a powerful ending. Plus I don't normally read the author notes at the end of a book, but I was captivated by her story and how she came to write this book about the Mallory's. Ms. Rideout put her heart and soul into it and I look forward to her next novel.
Diane S

Above all things
I have read non fiction accounts of George Mallory and his attempts to climb Mt. Everest so I was already familiar with a basic knowledge of his story. Alternating chapters between the expedition and George's young wife at home with her three children added an additional element to the story. There were times when I was getting a little frustrated with the slow pace at various times in the novel, but than things would pick up and become interesting again. The author's strength in writing was most ably displayed in the scenes of the deprivations that the men experienced during the climb. I also enjoyed reading about how his wife was coping at home. I would have given this novel a higher rating except that I found a few historical inconsistencies that I could not overlook. This book will appeal to those who find adventure stories fascinating or to those who have an interest in climbing.

Glorious Failures

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide