Reader reviews and comments on The Universe Within, plus links to write your own review.

The Universe Within

Jo Perry

There is 1 reader review for The Universe Within

Ailsa (02/06/17)

Eye-opening!
I often find myself wondering about what is out there in the world, beyond what our mere human form can reach. How did everything come to be? Why does the universe function the way it does? Is there any connection between the human body and the universe we were drawn from? If any of these questions have ever floated through your head...this is the book for you. The works that Neil Shubin covers range from the rotation of the planets to how the mammal brain perceives time to firsthand accounts of his archeology digs and how his discoveries relate to other planets in and past our solar system.

I found this book a bit difficult to get into at first, but once I was a few pages in, I was captured by Shubin's tales and explanations. Some passages are written with such learned vocabulary that I had to reread them, but once I could comprehend the message, I was in awe. Not only in awe of the subjects but also of how Shubin is able to explain and put a new twist on how things connect in our world.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone with an itch of curiosity about the universe, the earth, and people. It is an eye-opening read!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves

Y S M B, I'll S Y