Reader reviews and comments on The Universe Within, plus links to write your own review.

The Universe Within

Jo Perry

There is 1 reader review for The Universe Within

Ailsa (02/06/17)

Eye-opening!
I often find myself wondering about what is out there in the world, beyond what our mere human form can reach. How did everything come to be? Why does the universe function the way it does? Is there any connection between the human body and the universe we were drawn from? If any of these questions have ever floated through your head...this is the book for you. The works that Neil Shubin covers range from the rotation of the planets to how the mammal brain perceives time to firsthand accounts of his archeology digs and how his discoveries relate to other planets in and past our solar system.

I found this book a bit difficult to get into at first, but once I was a few pages in, I was captured by Shubin's tales and explanations. Some passages are written with such learned vocabulary that I had to reread them, but once I could comprehend the message, I was in awe. Not only in awe of the subjects but also of how Shubin is able to explain and put a new twist on how things connect in our world.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone with an itch of curiosity about the universe, the earth, and people. It is an eye-opening read!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

More Anagrams