Reader reviews and comments on Lovely, Dark and Deep, plus links to write your own review.

Lovely, Dark and Deep

Tamara Smith

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Lovely, Dark and Deep

beth

couldn't put it down
Lovely, Dark and Deep was an amazing read. Every book I had read I would finish and put down but two years later I still find myself coming back to it and reading it more and more. Amy McNamara did a fabulous job in description and portrayal of emotions and events. I was so drawn in to the story I could count off all the events that happened down to the little ones in order. Hands down my favourite book, so far nothing else has come to match it.
mecatrett

Mirror of my Soul
This book was beautiful. I found myself understanding and connecting with Wren's thoughts and feelings, even though I have not suffered from events similar to hers. That's the beautiful thing about this novel: the author makes her easy to relate to on so many levels. This moved me. This made me think. Oh, and it definitely made me want a man like Cal.
Power Reviewer Louise J

Lots of Emotion
Mamie – but Dad calls her Wren. Her parents never agreed on anything when they married, so she answers to both names.

There is a lot of emotion packed into Lovely, Dark and Deep. While reading along you can empathize and feel Wren’s many emotions with her. This is a story that is real because this exact situation could happen to anyone and probably has over and over. It depends on our inner strength as to whether we’re able to pull ourselves up and out of the muck and mire and mere depression, survivor’s guilt, and that feeling of a lack of inertia. The book also shows that when someone is grieving, it not only affects the griever themselves, but many other people involved in that person’s life.

For a debut novel, Lovely, Dark and Deep packs a punch and I’m looking forward to more of Amy McNamara’s work.

Amy McNamara

by Sarah Schmidt

Cruel Beautiful World by Caroline Leavitt

Happiness
    by Heather Harpham

A love story that follows a one-of-a-kind family through twists of fate that require nearly unimaginable choices.

Win Hame