Reader reviews and comments on Small Damages, plus links to write your own review.

Small Damages

Tamara Smith

There is 1 reader review for Small Damages

Power Reviewer Louise J

Disappointing...
Young, Kenzie is sent to Seville, Spain in 1995 and upon arrival is setting off for Los Nietos to a farmhouse or cortijo. It is owned by a man named, Miguel and is actually a bull ranch. Miguel is a friend of, Kenzie’s mother, and he has agreed to take Kenzie in until her baby is born who will then be adopted by a couple named Javier and Adair. Once the baby is born, the plan is for Kenzie to head back to American to start college.

Kenzie’s mother has great difficulty dealing with any type of hardship. When Kenzie’s father passed away whom she was very close too, Mom only grieved a short time, got rid of his stuff and signed herself up on match.com. She appears to enjoy making things she can’t deal with disappear and she’s done the same thing with her pregnant daughter by whisking her off to Spain so no one will be the wiser. The father of the baby, Kevin, hasn’t bothered to go to Spain with Kenzie and is letting her handle this all on her own. Kenzie is alone until she get to know, Estela, a very stubborn and old cook.

Although the premise of the story was good, I didn’t enjoy the writing style and found at times the story to be quite convoluted. I don’t think I’ll be reading another Kephart novel.

A Visit to Seville