Reader reviews and comments on Gold, plus links to write your own review.

Gold by Chris Cleave

Jul 2012, 336 pages
    Apr 2013, 368 pages

Lisa Guidarini

There is 1 reader review for Gold

Power Reviewer Diane S.

Gold
What an emotionally intense and powerful read I found this to be, who knew? When I first started reading this novel I thought "Super, a book about Olympic caliber cyclists" which was for me of interest in and of itself. Yet this book was so much more, Cleave has an unusual talent in developing characters that are easy to identify with. Yes it is about the athletes conditioning, dieting and training, which I found to be absolutely amazing, but it is about friendship and sacrifice as well. Loved the character of little Sophie and her total love of all things Star Wars, but my favorite character was the old trainer Tom. Loved his private musings and his crusty old knowledge. This is a novel that slowly sucks you in and I found myself almost holding my breath at the end. Another wonderful novel by Cleave.

Track Racing and the Velodrome

by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O