MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Rainbow Six, plus links to write your own review.

Rainbow Six

by Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy X
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Aug 1998, 752 pages
    Sep 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Rainbow Six

Mike Stokes

A great read for fans of action, military or Clancy novels in general.
Of the Clancy novels that I have read I have to say that this is my favorite. Although the characters can seem a little shallow and the plot is very far fetched, this is simply a terrific book. I am sure that critics believe this to be one of Clancy's poorer novels because of what I stated above, but it'll keep you intrigued and hooked from the get-go.

One thing I am sure many readers will notice is that this book definitely has a larger emphasis on action and shooting than many other Tom Clancy stories do. This will obviously appeal to many readers, myself included. The fact that this novel is so action packed will encourage readers to keep turning the pages, is the plot and the many twists included weren't enough.

I am a kid, which means that sometimes I get bored when reading. For the few younger readers who are interested in picking up this book I warn you that some segments of this novel are very boring. While yes, I am aware that this is intended to advance the plot and character development but sometimes we're looking at one action sequence per every 100 pages until the large scale shootout finale. In a book that's 895 pages long (paper back version), many younger people may just put down this book and not bother.

Now you're probably wondering why I would give this book a 5/5 when I just complained about it for a paragraph. Well, simply it's because I have never lost myself in a book as much as I have this one. I was never terribly interested in the Harry Potters and the Lord of the Rings that all my friends were talking about simply because I grew up on watching movies similar to this book with my dad, and I am sure that many other people were the same. So basically what I'm saying is that if you love action, tactical military stuff, movies like Black Hawk Down and the Rainbow Six video games you will love this book. If not, you may want to give this one a pass
Brad

The best of the best
Clancy has become one of the world's best government/war authors ever and this book just confirms that. Rainbow Six has so many twists, gut-wrenching chapters, and so much detail in everything. READ THIS BOOK!!!
harry longstick

this book was excellent!
Paul

An Amazing Book, for a 8th grader not too hard.
Alex

This book is very good. One of calncys best works.
guy who read the book

Absolutely stunning! I couldn't put it down.
Ben

It packed of action from the begging to the end
bane

just plain awesome. great adventure

• Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed