Reader reviews and comments on The Lola Quartet, plus links to write your own review.

The Lola Quartet

by Emily St. John Mandel

The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel

May 2012, 288 pages
    Apr 2013, 288 pages

Morgan Macgregor

There is 1 reader review for The Lola Quartet

Power Reviewer Diane S. (05/16/12)

The Lola Quartet
Four friends, and a girl who is the girlfriend of one and the stepsister of the only female, start a jazz quartet in highschool. It is their last concert and their last year in high school and they all have bright plans for the future. I can relate to this because I remember being in that position, didn't like jazz much, but music was always around. Thought at 17 I was all grown up and the future was limitless. A decade passes and the group is brought together again by a picture, find out their lives didn't turn out the way they thought and that things that seemed transparent back than, were different than they thought. As the story progresses from one to the other, secrets are uncovered and things that were kept hidden are brought to light. Loved this book, it was wonderfully written and I could really identify with the characters, maybe not their exact problems, but their hopes and dreams as a whole.

What is Noir?

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

The low brow and the high brow

O My D B