Reader reviews and comments on The Cove, plus links to write your own review.

The Cove

by Ron Rash

The Cove by Ron Rash

Apr 2012, 272 pages
    Nov 2012, 272 pages

Lisa Guidarini

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Cove

Power Reviewer Dorothy T.

Poetic prose
This is the first I have read by Ron Rash. His descriptions of the Appalachian countryside and his handling of his characters and their circumstances is so nearly exquisite that even the small details sing, and I became involved in the story from the first page. Romance, mystery, and the good and bad of humanity are all here. Great for a book club.
Power Reviewer Diane S.

The Cove
There is no doubt that the strength of Ron Rash's writing lies in his use of regional color, his descriptions of the Appalachians are lush and elegant, just beautiful. This books highlights the superstitions of the mountain people, the loneliness of being an outcast, and how even at the end of the war patriotic fever is stirred up. The power of secrets and the damages they do all set to beautiful scenery with a very melancholy tone. Definitely not your happy ever after book.

Ron Rash - Poet and Novelist

by Jennifer Finney Boylan
  • Book Jacket: Proving Ground
    Proving Ground
    by Peter Blauner
    More than a decade after winning the 1992 Best First Novel Edgar for Slow Motion Riot, Peter Blauner...

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers