Reader reviews and comments on Three Weeks in December, plus links to write your own review.

Three Weeks in December

by Audrey Schulman

Three Weeks in December by Audrey Schulman X
Three Weeks in December by Audrey Schulman

• Paperback:
    Jan 2012, 353 pages

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Three Weeks in December

Madeline Mora-Summonte (Florida) (12/22/11)

How Did I Miss This Author?!
I don't think I have enough room to say all the good things I want to about this novel! The story is suspenseful and fascinating, with just the right amount/type of facts - no information dumps here. The two main characters are complex and intriguing, and their alternating points of view are equally compelling. The details and descriptions are not lavish and long-winded - they are tight and controlled, rich with power and insight, every sense is utilized. I've already added the author's previous works to my To-Be-Read list.
Elaine G. (West Lafayette, IN) (12/21/11)

Three Weeks in December
Much of the writing in each story was quite good, held your interest and could only happen in Africa. Not consistently so. The sexual content seemed an agenda of the author's. One questioned what was presented and why have it at all. The endings were weak.

This book could be quite fine. The author has great talent and hasn't achieved what it likely eventually will.
Katherine Y. (Albuquerque, NM) (12/20/11)

Best Book I've Read All Year
I've reviewed many books for BookBrowse and this one is by far my favorite. There are two story lines - one takes place in 1900 and the other in 2000, both over the course of just three weeks. The 1900's storyline involves a gay engineer from Maine as he tries to construct a railroad bridge in Africa while his workers are being attacked by lions. The modern storyline is about a woman with Asperger's researching medicinal plants eaten by gorillas in Rwanda. Both stories are fascinating and the author has clearly done a lot of research. Beautiful descriptions of Africa and rich, well-developed characters. This is a book to buy, not just borrow from the library.

Mountain Gorillas of Africa

by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle