Reader reviews and comments on Home Front, plus links to write your own review.

Home Front

Jan 2013, 432 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Home Front

Beth W

Kleenex Required
I loved this story. It touched me so deeply. I don't think I've ever thought about going off to war from a woman's perspective. The last three tines I sat down to finish this book, I cried. This will truly touch your heart.
Louise J

The Tragedies of War...
Home Front is a hard book to read but reminds us how thankful we need to be to any and all soldiers/members of the military and recognize that they are putting their lives on the line for us. I don’t know that those of us who are non-military families can truly appreciate what those families go through. I couldn’t even begin to imagine having to wait at home every single day waiting for word from my husband, son, daughter, cousin or other family member. After reading Home Front I will be sure to say ‘thank you’ from now on when I cross paths with a service person. Excellent read that I’ll be highly recommending.

Michael and Jolene loved each other once but now somehow their marriage was falling apart and their two daughters were experiencing the collision.

An untimely deployment for this military family sent Jo flying away to serve her country in a way she was proud to do. Would her duty to her country not only disrupt her duty to her family and at the same time create a hole in the marriage too big to repair? Or, upon her return to her family, could wounds be healed and love reignite the home fires once more?

This is the real story told. War brings many sacrifices to our soldiers and their military families on the home front as well as when they are away on another shore. This book has opened my eyes much more to just what is being sacrificed by our American soldiers and their families. I thank them from the bottom of my heart and pray for their safety.

• Book Jacket: Winter