MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Summer Sisters, plus links to write your own review.

Summer Sisters

by Judy Blume

Summer Sisters

Jun 1998, 400 pages
    May 1999, 416 pages

There are currently 39 reader reviews for Summer Sisters

Jac (01/28/09)

The Eternal Relationship Between the Beauty and the Brains; Timeless Heroines
Summer Sisters- a contemporary fiction about romance, friendship, youthfulness, and all of life's obligations - revolves around two foil characters; Caitlin and Victoria. Caitlin is the epitome of a beautiful and daring girl, who evolves into a bold and intriguing woman. Blonde-haired, outspoken, passionate, and incapable of separating emotion from reason- she is comparable with the luscious and domineering characters of the classics; Madama Ratignolle from The Awakening and Marianne from Sense and Sensibility. Victoria is a reserved, polite and wise woman who resembles Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Predjudice and Elinor from Sense and Sensibility in character. She is capable of governing her actions through reason and careful planning. Overall, this book exemplifies the eternal differences in women and how, although time changes, the mentalities of heroines remain the same. The classics are still evident in even the most modern of fiction novels. Judy Bloom proves that.
Chloe (01/01/09)

Awesome!
I love this book. I am a teenager and I never used to read books before, until last summer of '08. My Aunt gave me this book to read while I was staying there, I read it and loved it! I've read it at least 5 times in the last few months, every time I finish reading it I just want to read it again and again. I love this book, I can't put it down. When I first read it and finished the book it lead me to read other books, but none of them compared to this one. It's just so...addicting. I can't get enough of it. My Aunt gave it to me because she knew I loved it so much.
dblue11 (07/14/07)

summer sisters
I have read that book like 5 or 6 times since I have gotten it,which was like last year! If I could I would give it a 1,000,000 percent for best book in the world!
Yana (02/18/05)

A touching, romantic adventurous story that will have you glued to every page!
Andrea (01/07/05)

This book was as exciting to read as any of the other books i have read.
Nicole (12/28/04)

The book was fascinating. Its a book you can read over and over again. It is hard to put it down once you start reading it.
Kimberly Williams (10/29/04)

Gets better every time you read the book! I have read it twice now...
Jessica (10/02/04)

Summer Sisters really captured my attention and made me feel like "woah..same here" i may only be 15, but when i read the book I never wanted to put it down. Its funny because i read it while at my Best friends cottage. Wehave been best friends since grade 2...I go to her cottage every summer...were just like Victoria and Caitlin. The book captured my attention and its all i could think about...i can read it over and over and never get bored.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday