MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Printmaker's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

The Printmaker's Daughter

by Katherine Govier

The Printmaker's Daughter

• Paperback:
    Nov 2011, 512 pages

Mark James

There is 1 reader review for The Printmaker's Daughter

Vivian - The Book Diva (05/29/12)

19th Century Japan through a Woman's Eyes
The Printmaker's Daughter is at times hauntingly beautiful in bringing the lives of Ei, Shino and Hokusai to life. There were also times the story seemed sluggish, as a result I found myself having to put the book down because my attention kept wavering as I tried to read. It wasn't until the latter portion of Ei's life is portrayed after Hokusai's death that the story truly became interesting for me. Don't get me wrong, The Printmaker's Daughter is a beautiful fictional account of Ei and Hokusai. This is a well-written and well-researched book with well-developed characters and settings. Sadly I found the research discussion at the end of the book more captivating than most of the fictional story.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk

by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages