MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Hemingway's Boat, plus links to write your own review.

Hemingway's Boat

Marnie Colton

There is 1 reader review for Hemingway's Boat

Marilyn Samuel

Window on a SAD, SAD personal world
I disagree that the fishing and the boat lore distract from the body of the work. It occurred to me that the "passion" that Hemingway extended to his fishing and his boat was exactly the "passion" that he Searched for all of his life and in every Woman he met. It is the passion we should have for our pets, our spouses, and our children but so many of us are debilitated. Through his fishing and "Pilar" was the only wholeness he could feel....the only tip of sanity he could conjure. This book resonates with the pain, anguish and despair that follows those with "depression" and other emotional declivities.

• Book Jacket: Crossings
    Crossings
    by Alex Landragin
    Crossings is a beautiful, if slightly messy, time-bending debut. It reads like a vampire novel, sans...
  • Book Jacket: Pew
    Pew
    by Catherine Lacey
    A quote often attributed to Leo Tolstoy states that "All great literature is one of two stories; a ...
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...

With or Without You
    by Caroline Leavitt

A moving novel about twists of fate, the shifting terrain of love, and coming into your own.

The Woman Before Wallis
    by Bryn Turnbull

The true story of the American divorcée who captured the Prince's heart before Wallis.

Every Bone a Prayer
by Ashley Blooms

The the story of one tough-as-nails girl whose choices are few but whose fight is boundless.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M