Reader reviews and comments on Killed at the Whim of a Hat, plus links to write your own review.

Killed at the Whim of a Hat

Donna Chavez

There is 1 reader review for Killed at the Whim of a Hat

Soosi Day

New series But All Cotterill
This book got a head start in Asia and, being a devout Cotterill fan, I got it as soon as it was out in Hong Kong. Though surprised to find a new protagonist, and a woman at that, I immediately was drawn in by the dry wit and unusual events and characters that always appear in his regional mysteries.

His character development in this novel is delightful, as are his descriptions of local culture and issues. I particularly liked Jimm Juree's sibling character. The plot keeps the reader speculating, but there is so much to enjoy about this book that the core mystery is just the icing on the cake. If you have not read any of his other books and you enjoy this one, then you must try the ones set in Cambodia in the late 1970's.

Thailand's Political Turmoil

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Dry by Jane Harper

Winner of the 2017 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Our Lady of the Prairie
    by Thisbe Nissen

A razor-sharp freight train barreling through the heart of the land and the land of the heart.

Win Mothers of Sparta