Reader reviews and comments on Killed at the Whim of a Hat, plus links to write your own review.

Killed at the Whim of a Hat

Donna Chavez

There is 1 reader review for Killed at the Whim of a Hat

Soosi Day

New series But All Cotterill
This book got a head start in Asia and, being a devout Cotterill fan, I got it as soon as it was out in Hong Kong. Though surprised to find a new protagonist, and a woman at that, I immediately was drawn in by the dry wit and unusual events and characters that always appear in his regional mysteries.

His character development in this novel is delightful, as are his descriptions of local culture and issues. I particularly liked Jimm Juree's sibling character. The plot keeps the reader speculating, but there is so much to enjoy about this book that the core mystery is just the icing on the cake. If you have not read any of his other books and you enjoy this one, then you must try the ones set in Cambodia in the late 1970's.

Thailand's Political Turmoil

• Book Jacket: The Inflamed Mind
    The Inflamed Mind
    by Edward Bullmore
    It is common knowledge that depression diminishes the quality of sufferers' lives, but few people ...
  • Book Jacket: The Adults
    The Adults
    by Caroline Hulse
    Things have already fallen apart on the first page of The Adults. The novel opens with an emergency ...
  • Book Jacket: News of Our Loved Ones
    News of Our Loved Ones
    by Abigail DeWitt
    The Delasalle family of Abigail DeWitt's News of Our Loved Ones are no strangers to the dark specter...
  • Book Jacket: My Sister, the Serial Killer
    My Sister, the Serial Killer
    by Oyinkan Braithwaite
    While the title of the novel gives away the plot, My Sister, the Serial Killer is essentially a ...

Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

Golden Child
    by Claire Adam

A deeply affecting debut novel set in Trinidad, following the lives of a family as they navigate impossible choices.

Win Uncommon Type

Uncommon Type
by Tom Hanks

Surprising, intelligent, heartwarming, and a must-have for Tom Hanks fans!

Tell I T T M