Reader reviews and comments on The Man in the Rockefeller Suit, plus links to write your own review.

The Man in the Rockefeller Suit

Jo Perry

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Man in the Rockefeller Suit

Diane P (12/07/14)

Con of Cons
Reading Walter Kirn's Blood Will Out made me curious about you get from being German immigrant to passing yourself off as a Rockefeller. Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter pulled off one of the most audacious cons in recent history.

This is one of the those you-can't-make-this-stuff-up books, Mark Seal follows Gerhartsreiter from the moment he first steps on American soil until his arrest and trial for kidnapping his seven-year old daughter. It is an interesting but creepy tale. I would find keeping up this type of charade exhausting, I wonder if in the end he did believe he was a Rockefeller.

On March 15, 2011, Gerhartsreiter stood trial and found guilty of the murder of a California man in 1985
Diane L. (06/13/12)

Just how can a man fool so many people?
This book is a marvelous glimpse into: 1. a true shape shifter who is a sociopath 2. just how gullible and shallow people can be. The book leaves you with the question did he or didn't he commit murder. You'll have fun tossing this question in your head.

The Science of Lie Detection

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

O My D B