Reader reviews and comments on Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away, plus links to write your own review.

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Esther Bradley-DeTally

Stunning View of Nigerian Life
Though the eyes of Blessing, we see a young girl thrust into her mother's native village with her brother. It's a weave of dialogue, intimate characterization revealing the dust and struggle of life in the Niger, along with complex lives and impelling struggles of Blessing's generation. I couldn't put it down. Christie Watson has written a profound book which encompasses epic greed from the oil companies and yet reveals love, and nobility. Tragic yet profound and the novel also enlightens the non-African reader and reveals stength and hope and soul power. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read!
Louise J

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away
This was a great story and I was totally involved with the characters. Christie Watson, in her epilogue at the end of the story tells us that: “The Niger Delta, known as “the Big Heart” is home to proud people, with good reason. I would highly recommend this book for everyone.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E