Reader reviews and comments on Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away, plus links to write your own review.

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

by Christie Watson

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away by Christie Watson

• Paperback:
    May 2011, 448 pages

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Power Reviewer Louise J (09/22/11)

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away
This was a great story and I was totally involved with the characters. Christie Watson, in her epilogue at the end of the story tells us that: “The Niger Delta, known as “the Big Heart” is home to proud people, with good reason. I would highly recommend this book for everyone.
Esther Bradley-DeTally (06/30/11)

Stunning View of Nigerian Life
Though the eyes of Blessing, we see a young girl thrust into her mother's native village with her brother. It's a weave of dialogue, intimate characterization revealing the dust and struggle of life in the Niger, along with complex lives and impelling struggles of Blessing's generation. I couldn't put it down. Christie Watson has written a profound book which encompasses epic greed from the oil companies and yet reveals love, and nobility. Tragic yet profound and the novel also enlightens the non-African reader and reveals stength and hope and soul power. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read!

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think.

K Your F C