Reader reviews and comments on Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away, plus links to write your own review.

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Esther Bradley-DeTally

Stunning View of Nigerian Life
Though the eyes of Blessing, we see a young girl thrust into her mother's native village with her brother. It's a weave of dialogue, intimate characterization revealing the dust and struggle of life in the Niger, along with complex lives and impelling struggles of Blessing's generation. I couldn't put it down. Christie Watson has written a profound book which encompasses epic greed from the oil companies and yet reveals love, and nobility. Tragic yet profound and the novel also enlightens the non-African reader and reveals stength and hope and soul power. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read!
Power Reviewer Louise J

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away
This was a great story and I was totally involved with the characters. Christie Watson, in her epilogue at the end of the story tells us that: “The Niger Delta, known as “the Big Heart” is home to proud people, with good reason. I would highly recommend this book for everyone.

• Book Jacket: New People